Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Is there a UI to register xmlns:myownmodel to extend e4 application model
Is there a UI to register xmlns:myownmodel to extend e4 application model [message #903419] Thu, 23 August 2012 14:48 Go to next message
Johnny Qin is currently offline Johnny QinFriend
Hi guys,

I was creating an ecore model to extend e4 application model. That being done, now I want to use the extension model in a fragment model so that I can create elements of my own created type.

Luckily Lars Vogel has an article for this topic. I cannot paste the link but anyone is interested can google "Extending the Eclipse 4 application model- Tutorial".
I don't know how he managed to add his "xmlns:extension="his_ecore_NS_URI" to his e4 application model.

How to achieve this with "Eclipse 4 model editor"? (I tried to add it with text editor but e4xmi file doesn't take it..) Am I missing any tools/ui plugins?

Thanks,
Johnny
Re: Is there a UI to register xmlns:myownmodel to extend e4 application model [message #903488 is a reply to message #903419] Thu, 23 August 2012 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
The editor does not recognize your additions (it does not work
reflectively) but it provides extension points to register new
form-editors. The Simple IDE stuff provides such extensions for the editor.

Tom

Am 23.08.12 16:48, schrieb Johnny Qin:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was creating an ecore model to extend e4 application model. That being
> done, now I want to use the extension model in a fragment model so that
> I can create elements of my own created type.
>
> Luckily Lars Vogel has an article for this topic. I cannot paste the
> link but anyone is interested can google "Extending the Eclipse 4
> application model- Tutorial".
> I don't know how he managed to add his
> "xmlns:extension="his_ecore_NS_URI" to his e4 application model.
>
> How to achieve this with "Eclipse 4 model editor"? (I tried to add it
> with text editor but e4xmi file doesn't take it..) Am I missing any
> tools/ui plugins?
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny
Re: Is there a UI to register xmlns:myownmodel to extend e4 application model [message #903507 is a reply to message #903488] Fri, 24 August 2012 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Tom! The SimpleIDE is awesome, great job!

An off topic question, I am using e4 to build a desktop application that needs to have a diagram editor. Earlier this year I used Graphiti in an Eclipse Indigo RCP prototype and it turned out pretty well. Now I am trying to start Graphiti in e4 application. Apparently Graphiti requires some stuffs like org.eclipse.ui that e4 doesn't like.

I posted detailed question at eclipse graphiti forum
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/369969/

Do you have any suggestions or comments? Thanks again!
Re: Is there a UI to register xmlns:myownmodel to extend e4 application model [message #903545 is a reply to message #903419] Fri, 24 August 2012 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

Hi Johnny,

if you want to know how to extend the Eclipse e4 application model, this is the same as extending any EMF model. See http://www.vogella.com/articles/EclipseEMF/article.html#inheritance for an introduction.

Best regards, Lars
Re: Is there a UI to register xmlns:myownmodel to extend e4 application model [message #903615 is a reply to message #903545] Fri, 24 August 2012 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Lars. Great tutorials.

I have created my own model that extends Eclipse e4 application model. What's confusing is at http://www.vogella.com/articles/Eclipse4ExtendModel/article.html#renderer_xmi

I don't know how you add "xmlns:extension="http://www.vogella.com/ui/e4/extension"" to your e4xmi file.

Best regards,
Johnny

Lars Vogel wrote on Fri, 24 August 2012 04:49
Hi Johnny,

if you want to know how to extend the Eclipse e4 application model, this is the same as extending any EMF model. See http://www.vogella.com/articles/EclipseEMF/article.html#inheritance for an introduction.

Best regards, Lars
Re: Is there a UI to register xmlns:myownmodel to extend e4 application model [message #903648 is a reply to message #903615] Fri, 24 August 2012 16:36 Go to previous message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

With a text editor or as Tom described.
Previous Topic:Eclipse RCP errors
Next Topic:Opening an editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:07:48 GMT 2024