Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » DSL Documentation
DSL Documentation [message #903391] Thu, 23 August 2012 13:13 Go to next message
Natalie Cranston is currently offline Natalie CranstonFriend
Hello All,

I am also trying to make my own DSL with Papyrus. I have looked through the previous posts which seem to be a bit dated, but many people, like me, were having a hard time finding documentation to do this. Has there been any recent documentation, tutorials or links made since?

Thanks, Natalie
Re: DSL Documentation [message #903958 is a reply to message #903391] Mon, 27 August 2012 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Natalie,

what do you mean by "make my own DSL with Papyrus"? You want to develop a
new Ecore DSL with Papyrus or to develop an editor for that Ecore-DSL with
Papyrus?

Regards,
Marc-Florian

"Natalie Cranston" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:k15aak$t7m$1@xxxxxxxxe.org...

Hello All,

I am also trying to make my own DSL with Papyrus. I have looked through the
previous posts which seem to be a bit dated, but many people, like me, were
having a hard time finding documentation to do this. Has there been any
recent documentation, tutorials or links made since?

Thanks, Natalie
Re: DSL Documentation [message #903960 is a reply to message #903958] Mon, 27 August 2012 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Schwichtenberg is currently offline Simon SchwichtenbergFriend
I read the message as follows: "how to create a user / domain model in Papyrus (which is basically a class diagram)?"
Re: DSL Documentation [message #904006 is a reply to message #903391] Mon, 27 August 2012 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Sorry for the confusion. I am having troubles creating a class diagram. I am following the tutorial, and when I create a stereotype, there are only two rectangles in the box, and I can not find how to specify attributes like in the tutorial.

Thanks again, Natalie
Re: DSL Documentation [message #904053 is a reply to message #904006] Mon, 27 August 2012 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Schwichtenberg is currently offline Simon SchwichtenbergFriend
which tutorial do you mean?
for me it sounds like you're creating an UML profile but no class diagram and I think a profile is not what you want to get.
When you want to create a simple class diagram, just select "File > New > Other > Papyrus Project > UML > Check 'UML Class Diagram'"
In the Palette you get the drawing tools for Classes, Properties, Associations etc.
Re: DSL Documentation [message #904300 is a reply to message #904053] Tue, 28 August 2012 07:41 Go to previous message
Hello,

I am really sorry for all the confusion. I thought that I had posted the link to the tutorial, but for whatever reason it didn't work or I didn't click reply. My apologies.

I will try your advice, but for the meantime, here is the link to the tutorial.
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/usersTutorials/resources/PapyrusUserGuideSeries_AboutUMLProfile_v1.0.0_d20120606.pdf

Thank you for your help! Natalie
Previous Topic:Extending an EditHelper
Next Topic:Add image to diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:07:01 GMT 2024