Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse, maven and toolchains(Eclipse, maven and toolchains)
Eclipse, maven and toolchains [message #903365] Thu, 23 August 2012 11:23 Go to next message
Kris Ram is currently offline Kris RamFriend
Hi guys,
I am facing an issue with my project builds when importing them as maven projects on Eclipse (Eclipse 3.7.0 and STS 2.6.0).

It is complaining that it is not finding my toolchain

23/08/12 15:08:10 GST: [ERROR] Cannot find matching toolchain definitions for the following toolchain types:
jdk [ vendor='ibm'  version='1.5' ]
23/08/12 15:08:10 GST: Build errors for cust.search.entity.impl; org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-toolchains-plugin:1.0:toolchain (default) on project customeridentification.search.entity.impl: Cannot find matching toolchain definitions for the following toolchain types:
jdk [ vendor='ibm'  version='1.5' ]
Please make sure you define the required toolchains in your ~/.m2/toolchains.xml file.

When running the build from the command line though, everything works fine. Also, I have ensured that the same maven installation/setting.xml is used from the command line and Eclipse.

Where is the plugin actually looking for the toolchain.xml? It has to be picking it up from a different location.

Cheers
Kris

Re: Eclipse, maven and toolchains [message #903472 is a reply to message #903365] Thu, 23 August 2012 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Leipold is currently offline Benjamin LeipoldFriend
Just a question: Are you using the same JDK in Eclipse and from command line respectively JAVA_HOME has the same value? Eventually enabling debug output of maven may help to get more information about what is getting wrong (-X command line option i think).
The plugin tells you where it is looking for the toolchains.xml:
Quote:

Please make sure you define the required toolchains in your ~/.m2/toolchains.xml file.

And it is the only place where it looks for it (replace ~ with the java system property user.home).
Re: Eclipse, maven and toolchains [message #973237 is a reply to message #903472] Tue, 06 November 2012 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kris Ram is currently offline Kris RamFriend
Hi Benjamin,

thanks for replying and apologies as I did not see the reply.

To answer your query:

The JDK is different from Eclipse and command line. But changing both to IBM JDK does not sort out the issue.

I agree with you, the plugin is looking for a wrong path for the toolchain.xml from eclipse. How do I replace ~ with user.home.

p.s : I am using windows XP.

Cheers
Kris

Re: Eclipse, maven and toolchains [message #975147 is a reply to message #973237] Wed, 07 November 2012 16:38 Go to previous message
Benjamin Leipold is currently offline Benjamin LeipoldFriend
The ~ in the error message is part of a hard coded string. It is Unix style for the path to the currently logged in user's home directory and means the same as the java property user.home which is actually used if you look at the source code.
Btw did you follow my advice to run maven with debug output enabled? This may give you helpful hints.
Previous Topic:rcp Plugin - ComboBox in Toolbar
Next Topic:recover lost work "resource is out of sync with the file system eclipse"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:23:14 GMT 2024