Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse Juno run slowly!!!!!!!!!!
Eclipse Juno run slowly!!!!!!!!!! [message #903345] Thu, 23 August 2012 09:01 Go to next message
George Zeng is currently offline George ZengFriend
I am using virgo to develope web application.
It has to be split the application to lots of modules and these modules are also projects.
now I got over 40+ projects in workspace, due to this, the new IDE is getting slow now, and even I just click to any place in it would cause a stop-world behavior, it feels very bad.
I was using sts2.9.2 before(which base on eclipse3.7)and there are no such situation happen, I need help......
Re: Eclipse Juno run slowly!!!!!!!!!! [message #918621 is a reply to message #903345] Fri, 21 September 2012 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M. Herrmann is currently offline M. HerrmannFriend
Hi George,

first of all you should think about NOT using as many exclamation marks in the title. Because it might be considered as shouting which might be considered rude.
It would probably also be easier for people here to help you, if you tell them, which eclipse version EXACTLY you are having problems with. Is it Juno 4.2 or is it 3.8

[Updated on: Fri, 21 September 2012 09:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Juno run slowly!!!!!!!!!! [message #924539 is a reply to message #918621] Wed, 26 September 2012 23:47 Go to previous message
David McFarland is currently offline David McFarlandFriend
I suggest you use your OS system monitor to determine your CPU / IO load when the problem is occurring. If you find a high CPU load on the eclipse process, then you could try using something like VisualVM to do a sampling profile. Uploading a profile would be very useful for someone trying to investigate the problem.
Previous Topic:Substitute for action sets
Next Topic:Do VCS path ignores actually work?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:37:26 GMT 2024