Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Show/Hide Chart with Radio Button(Show/Hide Chart with Radio Button)
Show/Hide Chart with Radio Button [message #903281] Wed, 22 August 2012 19:56 Go to next message
A R is currently offline A RFriend
Hi I have copied the example from DevShare and added parameter, which is not part of logic. Here I have the following senario:

- Is it possible after the radio button selection , the report will execute and pop up parameter?
If possibl how?
- Is it possible to impliment the same on two multiple grids?
- By default show contents of one grid and on selection of radio button pop up for the parameter?

I am using BIRT 2.6.1

Thanks
AR
Re: Show/Hide Chart with Radio Button [message #903426 is a reply to message #903281] Thu, 23 August 2012 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

If you want to show parameters why not just hyperlink to a new report.

Jason

On 8/22/2012 3:56 PM, A R wrote:
> Hi I have copied the example from DevShare and added parameter, which is not part of logic. Here I have the following senario:
>
> - Is it possible after the radio button selection , the report will execute and pop up parameter?
> If possibl how?
> - Is it possible to impliment the same on two multiple grids?
> - By default show contents of one grid and on selection of radio button pop up for the parameter?
>
>
> I am using BIRT 2.6.1
>
> Thanks
> AR
>
Re: Show/Hide Chart with Radio Button [message #911566 is a reply to message #903426] Tue, 11 September 2012 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using the same option Jason !

How ever I am trying to learn , if it is possible.

Thank you Smile

AR
Re: Show/Hide Chart with Radio Button [message #912451 is a reply to message #911566] Thu, 13 September 2012 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What I was thinking is that you create one report with check boxes in text elements. After select you can forward to a new report with the settings. Does this sound like what you need?

Jason
Re: Show/Hide Chart with Radio Button [message #939880 is a reply to message #912451] Thu, 11 October 2012 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not exactly Jason.

As suggested prev answer, I am using hyperlink as a solution. But here I a have a
issue that, I need to modify the link manually from environment to environment. Is there any way that I can use any configuration file where I can manipulate the link depending on the environment.

note: I need to deploy the report in SOA environment.

Thanks
AR
Re: Show/Hide Chart with Radio Button [message #941647 is a reply to message #939880] Fri, 12 October 2012 18:51 Go to previous message

It is a property so you should be able to do this. If you had a data item that you wanted to customize a drill through on you could put an oncreate script on it like"

var rpt = this.getRowData().getColumnValue("STATUS");
var myaction =this.createAction();
importPackage(Packages.java.util);
var hm = new HashMap();
hm.put("order",row["ORDERNUMBER"]);
this.action = myaction;
var dt =this.action.createDrillThrough();
dt.setReportName(rpt+".rptdesign");
dt.setTargetWindow("_blank");
dt.setTargetFileType("report-design");
dt.setParameterBindings( hm );
myaction.setDrillThrough( dt );

Jason
Previous Topic:Dynamic URL
Next Topic:MS Excel data connection to BIRT report not working => SOLVED!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:36:44 GMT 2024