Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Automatic discovery of paths - explanation?
Automatic discovery of paths - explanation? [message #903033] Tue, 21 August 2012 17:23
Brandon Phillips is currently offline Brandon PhillipsFriend
I think I may misunderstand what path discovery is supposed to do in CDT.

I'm using Juno/CDT 8.1.

I have C/C++ Build -> Discovery Options -> Automate discovery of paths and symbols enabled. What I hoped this would do is use the CDT code analysis to generate include paths to pass to g++ automatically.

Help says: Scans the build output to populate the path and symbol tables, such as symbol definitions, system include directories, local include directories, macros files, and include files. If this option is not selected, the Discovery profile options below do not appear.

It does not seem to do this. As far as I can tell, it just finds the cygwin system include paths and nothing within the project/workspace.

On this settings page I see a warning at the bottom saying This discovery method is deprecated, use 'Preprocessor Include Paths' instead. I look at that and it's not obvious what it's for. I could not find any documentation for it. Then there's the similar looking Preprocessor Include Paths page right above it...

Anyway, if anybody can tell me how this is supposed to work that would be great. I'd love to leverage CDT's excellent workspace analysis for the actual build.
Previous Topic:CDT UI - What does this icon mean?
Next Topic:Ok, new question.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:38:41 GMT 2024