Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Indexer fails from java.lang.StackOverflowError(CDT indexer problems)
Indexer fails from java.lang.StackOverflowError [message #903001] Tue, 21 August 2012 15:06 Go to next message
nathanael van vorst is currently offline nathanael van vorstFriend
I am working with a large code base (10K+ cc/h files -- each with a hundreds to thousands of lines). I get hundreds of stack overflows while running the indexer. Increasing my JVM stack size to 64M and my memory to 8G reduced the number of stack overflows and allowed me index more files, but hundreds of stack overflows still occur. Eventually the indexer gives up because there were too many errors.

I looked on bugzilla and I didn't see this exact issue. I didn't file a new bug because I cannot post the code I am working on (which causes the problems). However, if someone can help me get an environment up where I can debug this I am more than willing to fix it for everyone. This issue causes me a lot of heartburn.

Attached are a few example errors from my log.
  • Attachment: e1.txt
    (Size: 44.60KB, Downloaded 171 times)
  • Attachment: e2.txt
    (Size: 10.59KB, Downloaded 180 times)
  • Attachment: e3.txt
    (Size: 8.59KB, Downloaded 245 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 21 August 2012 15:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Indexer fails from java.lang.StackOverflowError [message #903091 is a reply to message #903001] Tue, 21 August 2012 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
I would suggest opening a bug for this issue (even if you can't provide a code that reproduces this issue). In the past I opened bugs with exceptions during indexer (I could not provide the code as well) and they were fixed. Many time exception stack provides enough information for solving the problem.

Thanks,
Yevgeny
Re: Indexer fails from java.lang.StackOverflowError [message #903284 is a reply to message #903091] Wed, 22 August 2012 20:26 Go to previous message
nathanael van vorst is currently offline nathanael van vorstFriend
Thanks Yevgeny. I have created a new bug -- for those interested it is at: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=387823 .
Previous Topic:No c++ preferences
Next Topic:Strange C++ Standard Library Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:45:58 GMT 2024