Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Multi Page Editor version of BPMN2 Modeler now available(Too much time on my hands?)
Multi Page Editor version of BPMN2 Modeler now available [message #902890] Mon, 20 August 2012 22:56
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Good news everyone...

Now that my wife is attending college classes on the weekends, I suddenly found myself with nothing to do Sad So I decided to take the opportunity to continue working on the MultiPageEditor version of the BPMN2 Modeler. It turned out to be not as difficult as I originally thought and I managed to crank out an experimental build over the weekend. The build was created from the X-multipage feature branch in git [1] and can be downloaded from the eclipse update site here [2]

This version supports multiple BPMNDiagram elements per file and creates a new editor tab for each diagram. To see this feature in action, create a new Choreography diagram and hover the mouse over one of the participant bands. This should pop up a context button pad with a new button called "Whitebox" - the button icon looks like (surprise!) a white box. This will create a new Process and a new BPMNDiagram for it in a new editor tab. You can now model the process for this participant on the new page. This same Whitebox functionality is available for Pools.

To delete the diagram (and the process!) first make sure that there are no references to the process, select the process tab in the MultiPage editor and select "Delete Diagram..." from the canvas context menu. To remove process references from participants, you can either use the "Blackbox" context button (a black box icon, oddly enough) or use the "Show Properties" context button (the wrench), and set the process to <empty> in the "Interfaces" property tab.

Please post comments/suggestions/complaints on the BPMN2 Modeler forum, or this mail list.

Cheers!
Bob

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/bpmn2-modeler/org.eclipse.bpmn2-modeler.git/?h=X-multipage
[2] http://download.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/site/X-multipage/
Previous Topic:Is manual control over placement of connectors possible?
Next Topic:Custom SequenceFlow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:08:30 GMT 2024