Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Thread Details/Overview won't open: Object 0x2aab50739d48 not found.(Cannot open the Thread Details or Thread Overview and Stacks options)
Thread Details/Overview won't open: Object 0x2aab50739d48 not found. [message #902821] Mon, 20 August 2012 15:36 Go to next message
Joel Patton is currently offline Joel PattonFriend
I cannot open the Thread Details or the Thread Overview and Stacks options. Every time I try I get an error message "Object [address] not found". This happens across multiple .hprofs. I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly: when I select Thread Overview and Stack, I get a dialog asking for "objects". I leave it blank and hit Finish and then I get the error. Any thoughts? Thanks!

-Joel

org.eclipse.mat.SnapshotException: Object 0x2aab50739d48 not found.
at org.eclipse.mat.parser.internal.SnapshotImpl.mapAddressToId(SnapshotImpl.java:1457)
at org.eclipse.mat.parser.internal.ThreadStackHelper.readLocalId(ThreadStackHelper.java:134)
at org.eclipse.mat.parser.internal.ThreadStackHelper.loadThreadsData(ThreadStackHelper.java:71)
at org.eclipse.mat.parser.internal.SnapshotImpl.getThreadStack(SnapshotImpl.java:2006)
at org.eclipse.mat.inspections.threads.ThreadOverviewQuery.buildThreadOverviewNode(ThreadOverviewQuery.java:142)
at org.eclipse.mat.inspections.threads.ThreadOverviewQuery.execute(ThreadOverviewQuery.java:92)
at org.eclipse.mat.query.registry.ArgumentSet.execute(ArgumentSet.java:129)
at org.eclipse.mat.ui.QueryExecution$ExecutionJob.run(QueryExecution.java:174)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Re: Thread Details/Overview won't open: Object 0x2aab50739d48 not found. [message #903907 is a reply to message #902821] Mon, 27 August 2012 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Johnson is currently offline Andrew JohnsonFriend
The problem is that one of the thread local variables found in the stacks in the dump is not found in the heap.

You could list the thread objects using the 'list_objects' query
java.lang.Thread
(more options)
include subclasses
and run the thread overview and stacks query on a subset of the result and see if you can get information on most of the threads. (At least one will fail with the same problem you saw).

You could edit the <heap dump name>.threads index file and remove the line containing
objecId=0x2aab50739d48, line=<nn>

This would stop the that thread local from being inspected.

If this is common problem then we could update the query to bypass the failure.

What version of JVM generated the dump?
Re: Thread Details/Overview won't open: Object 0x2aab50739d48 not found. [message #903972 is a reply to message #903907] Mon, 27 August 2012 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel Patton is currently offline Joel PattonFriend
The JVM version is: 1.6.0_20

This has been a common problem for me. The past 6 or so dumps I've analyzed have all encountered this error, so if you can create a workaround for it then that would be great!

I'll try your suggestions on my next hprof. Thank you!

Joel
Re: Thread Details/Overview won't open: Object 0x2aab50739d48 not found. [message #1060552 is a reply to message #902821] Sun, 26 May 2013 16:34 Go to previous message
John Guerrero is currently offline John GuerreroFriend
Just another "me too" post.

All (Cool of my heap dumps from Java 1.6.0_27 (hotspot, 64 bit Linux), tomcat 6.0.35, SOLR 4.x in production, have this problem with MAT 1.2.1.

I can confirm that the workaround works:
1. Save off .threads file.
2. Java Basics -> Thread Overview and Stacks.
- Result: Object not found dialog (BTW, why is it not found?)
3. Open .threads file and remove ALL instances of the listed object's id.
- You can do this while MAT is open.
4. Loop back to #2 and try again.

Eventually, you will succeed.

Btw, thanks for a great tool!
Previous Topic:MAT Main Menu Missing
Next Topic:Memory analyzer not opening hprof
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:49:46 GMT 2024