Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » CDT UI - What does this icon mean?
CDT UI - What does this icon mean? [message #902811] Mon, 20 August 2012 14:56 Go to next message
Amenel Voglozin is currently offline Amenel VoglozinFriend
Hi all,

I have this icon (in the red square) on the file that contains the "main" function in a project of mine

index.php/fa/11244/0/

Does anyone know what the icon means? I thought it meant that the source file is excluded from the current build configuration but the file is actually included in the current active configuration. It is also included in the compiled artifact but the debugger can't find it as a source file.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me what this means and how to return the file to a "normal" C++ file icon. Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 August 2012 14:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CDT UI - What does this icon mean? [message #902823 is a reply to message #902811] Mon, 20 August 2012 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
Yes, this icon means "Excluded from Build". You should be able to unmark it right-click ing on file, selecting "Properties" and uncheck "Exclude resource from build" checkbox. If it does not work you can try right-click ->"Resource Configurations"->"Reset to Default"

Andrew
Re: CDT UI - What does this icon mean? [message #902829 is a reply to message #902823] Mon, 20 August 2012 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Andrew. "Reset to Default" is grayed out in my Eclipse instance. The other option worked though. But I've noticed that the file status (and icon) is dependent solely on the first checkbox below

index.php/fa/11245/0/

meaning that whether checkboxes other than the top checkbox are ticked or not doesn't affect the file's status as "excluded from build".

Is it normal? I would have thought that the view would refresh according to the active build configuration. What do you think?
Re: CDT UI - What does this icon mean? [message #902852 is a reply to message #902829] Mon, 20 August 2012 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
CDT editor and Explorer reflect not active build configuration but configuration which is being indexed. See also https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=313944.

Andrew
Re: CDT UI - What does this icon mean? [message #903006 is a reply to message #902811] Tue, 21 August 2012 15:20 Go to previous message
Ah, indeed. Thanks again.
Previous Topic:CDT Debugger(gdb/mi) Console Bug
Next Topic:Automatic discovery of paths - explanation?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:22:37 GMT 2024