Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Creating a new diagram in Papyrus(Error when trying to generate a new Papyrus diagram)
Creating a new diagram in Papyrus [message #902764] Mon, 20 August 2012 10:44 Go to next message
Alexandra Bardiau is currently offline Alexandra BardiauFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to create a new nested diagram in Papyrus (and generating a simple model editor for it), by following the tutorial I found here:

dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/trunk/examples/others/org.eclipse.papyrus.example.diagram.simplediagram/docs/PapyrusDevelopperTutorial_OnDiagramCreating.odt

(Even if it's outdated, it seems to work until a certain point, and it is the only such tutorial I could find on the subject... the wiki page for Papyrus is incomplete on exactly this topic).

The error I get is when trying to generate the code for the new Papyrus diagram in an Eclipse Runtime Application (after completing all the previous steps and having a seemingly valid .gmfgen file) - right click on the .gmfgen file, and choose "Generate Papyrus Diagram":

Problems while generating code
Exception (No Definition xpt::preferences::NodePreferencePage::NodePreferencePage for GenTopLevelNode could be found!) while generating code

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem, or maybe a link to some other tutorial on diagram creation, if maybe the diagram generation steps have changed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alexandra Bardiau
Re: Creating a new diagram in Papyrus [message #902772 is a reply to message #902764] Mon, 20 August 2012 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Alexandra,

The GMF Tooling generation templates changed a lot around April 2012. Papyrus still relies on the Indigo version of GMF Tooling (2.4.x instead of 3.x, I believe). This means that, currently, diagrams need to be generated from Indigo, and compiled from Juno.

We will migrate our templates for Kepler (And maybe for Juno SR1 too), which should make things easier.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Creating a new diagram in Papyrus [message #902774 is a reply to message #902772] Mon, 20 August 2012 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille,

Thanks so much for your answer, this will really help a lot, and I think I'm not the only one who was searching for answers on this particular issue.

Regards,

Alexandra Bardiau

[Updated on: Mon, 20 August 2012 11:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating a new diagram in Papyrus [message #986674 is a reply to message #902774] Wed, 21 November 2012 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille,

Regarding the diagram creation, which version of Papyrus should I use with Eclipse Indigo in order for this to work? We have tried it with Papyrus 0.8.2, but the "Generate Papyrus Diagram" button doesn't appear in the menu.

Does Papyrus version 0.9.1 with Juno support the diagram generation process?

Regards,

Alexandra Bardiau

[Updated on: Wed, 21 November 2012 11:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating a new diagram in Papyrus [message #986677 is a reply to message #986674] Wed, 21 November 2012 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello Alexandra,

I think the Papyrus diagram generation tools cannot be installed. You have to checkout the sources manually from the SVN repository, then run a Runtime instance of Eclipse.

All Papyrus versions should now support this feature (The templates have been fixed on Juno).

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Creating a new diagram in Papyrus [message #986686 is a reply to message #986677] Wed, 21 November 2012 11:15 Go to previous message
Thank you Camille for your prompt answer, I really appreciate it, this will help a lot.

And thanks to the Papyrus team for having fixed the issues in Juno, it's much better to be able to use the latest versions for such a task.

Regards,

Alexandra Bardiau
Previous Topic:MARTE profile created or used directly
Next Topic:Register Profile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:18:23 GMT 2024