Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » ActionBarContributor(How can I set a ActionBarContributor?)
ActionBarContributor [message #902754] Mon, 20 August 2012 09:31 Go to next message
tom maxx is currently offline tom maxxFriend
Hi,

I migrate an editor form Eclipse 3.x to Eclipse 4.2. For the editor is the attribute "contributorClass" (in the org.eclipse.ui.editors-extensions in the manifest) set. Is there a simple way to add this contributor class to Eclipse 4.2?

I looked already for a solution in the web and I also debugged the compatibility layer, but I didn't find a solution.
Re: ActionBarContributor [message #902784 is a reply to message #902754] Mon, 20 August 2012 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

Tom-

In Eclipse 4.2 there sill aren't "editors", this is something that is being worked on for 4.3. You can take a look at [1] for an overview of how to implement basic editor functionality. And since "editors" still have not been defined, it would be a good opportunity if you wanted to contribute. Smile

JD

[1] http://www.vogella.com/articles/Eclipse4Editor/article.html
Re: ActionBarContributor [message #902789 is a reply to message #902754] Mon, 20 August 2012 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tom maxx is currently offline tom maxxFriend
I know, that in Eclipse 4.2 there aren't editors. But I still have to implement a contributor for a part and in Eclipse 3.x there was a way to implement a contributor class for editors. So there must be a way to implement an ActionBarContributor in Eclipse4 ... or ...?

The Site [1] shows only some example to open and save a part. What about it?

[Updated on: Mon, 20 August 2012 13:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ActionBarContributor [message #902819 is a reply to message #902789] Mon, 20 August 2012 15:16 Go to previous message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

If I understand you correctly, you are looking for a way to register your editor and list the contributing class the same way you did in Eclipse 3.x. Correct?

If that is the case, then this would all be done through the model. You would create a MPart (or MInputPart), where the "contributingClass" from the 3.x paradigm is now listed under the "Class URI".

I'd recommend reading through some of the online resources at vogella and eclipse.org/eclipse4 to get all of the details on the model and how to work with it.

If you are looking to add commands to the editor/view toolbar this would be done through ToolbarContributions. The resources listed above provide clarity for this as well.

Is that what you were looking for?

JD
Previous Topic:E4 DI in unittests?
Next Topic:How can I prevent a part stack from switching view parts?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:02:54 GMT 2024