Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Debugging boot delegation
Debugging boot delegation [message #902449] Fri, 17 August 2012 15:57 Go to next message
Daniel McGreal is currently offline Daniel McGrealFriend
Hi,

In order to muck about with the ClassLoader to do some stuff with OSGI and RMI we've implemented our own RMIClassLoaderSpi, copied the resultant jar to lib/, added its package to org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation in java6-server.profile and are starting virgo with a -D setting java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoaderSpi so that it uses our own version.

This works great - except in one of my machines where it doesn't and the class is not available to the system at runtime (e.g. Class.forName()).

My question is, are there any tips available regarding how I can debug this? For example, is there a way of finding out what packages are actually being made available by the bootdelegation directive?

Thanks in advance,
Dan.
Re: Debugging boot delegation [message #902450 is a reply to message #902449] Fri, 17 August 2012 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

Have a look at the commands available in the telnet shell. Their are two shells, one for the kernel region and one for the user region, you will need to enable them with their respective configs. In the Virgo Kernel and above their are some extra classloading commands that could help you, just type help to see what else is available.

Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Debugging boot delegation [message #902531 is a reply to message #902449] Sat, 18 August 2012 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I have explored this line of enquiry but wasn't able to find the relevant commands or really understand the output of the ones I tried. Would you be able to give me one further hint?
Thanks for the reply,
Dan.
Re: Debugging boot delegation [message #902899 is a reply to message #902531] Tue, 21 August 2012 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Borislav Kapukaranov is currently offline Borislav KapukaranovFriend
Hi,

We have a documentation on the three classloading commands in our user guide, starting with this one. The other two are right below it.

Hope that helps,
Bobby
Re: Debugging boot delegation [message #903061 is a reply to message #902899] Tue, 21 August 2012 19:08 Go to previous message
Thanks, I also found Eclipse support for this kind of debugging in the server settings, 'Bundle Overview' tab.
Re: Debugging boot delegation [message #903695 is a reply to message #902531] Tue, 21 August 2012 01:26 Go to previous message
Borislav Kapukaranov is currently offline Borislav KapukaranovFriend
Hi,

We have a documentation on the three classloading commands in our user guide, starting with http://www.eclipse.org/virgo/documentation/virgo-documentation-3.5.0.RELEASE/docs/virgo-user-guide/htmlsingle/virgo-user-guide.html#admin-shell-cl-clhas. The other two are right below it.

Hope that helps,
Bobby
Previous Topic:Roadmap for Virgo 3.6 ?
Next Topic:Re: Debugging boot delegation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:05:19 GMT 2024