Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » MultiPageEditor and some probs with it(Very, very frustrated)
MultiPageEditor and some probs with it [message #902436] Fri, 17 August 2012 14:56 Go to next message
Marjan Stojanovic is currently offline Marjan StojanovicFriend
Well first of all, let me explain my Plug-in. Its some kind of combination of wizard (which changes project nature and make new file of my own type) and editor (used for opening my file type). I am almost finished, but i ran on some problems that i can not find anywhere (but probably that i am too stupid to find what i need).

Anyway i got 2 questions:

1. I need to pass parameters which i get from user through wizard to each editor for each file (because it will differ from file to file what we get from wizard) and i am interested if i can somehow create editor for each file and where (because as far as i can tell, i dont make instance of editors anywhere because eclipse does it for my file type).
2. My main question is about editor. I am currently stuck with doSave() which i inherit from MultiPageEditorPart and i need to implement. The thing is that editor is manipulating with data he got from file and now on save he needs to write them to file but i first need to validate them and here we come on our main problem:
Whole look of editor is dynamic, depending on data from file (which i keep in List and HashMaps inside wizard for one file) and whole changing of data is done through SWT controls (buttons, combos, trees, etc...) and when i try to save and to take those thata it says that its not enabled (eg. i need to click on treeItem representing data that is not valid).
3. For this i am using SWTBot. I know its bad but i didnt find any better way for clicking on treeItems or something other than that. Also i am using SWTBot inside editor all the time and it doesnt make any problems, except i try to save.

If u need something feel fry to ask and i am sorry for such a long post.
Regards, M. Stojanovic
p.s. i need that code wont help you but if u need some excerpt feel free to ask.
Re: MultiPageEditor and some probs with it [message #903331 is a reply to message #902436] Thu, 23 August 2012 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump! Smile
Re: MultiPageEditor and some probs with it [message #909054 is a reply to message #903331] Thu, 06 September 2012 13:12 Go to previous message
solved with XML file Smile
Previous Topic:[CN] Contribute Open Action to the ResourceNavigator
Next Topic:Specifying JRE V6 and V7 in Eclipse Workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:54:22 GMT 2024