Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Horizontal Instead of Vertically Oriented Regions for States in State Machine Diagrams
Horizontal Instead of Vertically Oriented Regions for States in State Machine Diagrams [message #902240] Thu, 16 August 2012 13:48 Go to next message
Alex C is currently offline Alex CFriend
Hi there,

When I add an additional region to a state in a State Machine Diagram (Papyrus 0.9.0/Juno), the regions are shown vertically oriented (i.e. side-by-side); is there any way to change this so that the regions are horizontally oriented (i.e. top-to-bottom)

Thanks

Alex.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 August 2012 13:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Horizontal Instead of Vertically Oriented Regions for States in State Machine Diagrams [message #902258 is a reply to message #902240] Thu, 16 August 2012 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex C is currently offline Alex CFriend
I just tried the same task in Papyrus 0.8.2/Indigo, and it allows me to choose the orientation of my regions (horizontal/vertical) before I click to create it.

So is this a bug in 0.9.0, or has this feature been deliberately removed for some reason?

Thanks
Re: Horizontal Instead of Vertically Oriented Regions for States in State Machine Diagrams [message #1053294 is a reply to message #902240] Fri, 03 May 2013 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Benedict is currently offline Paul BenedictFriend
I am using 0.10 and can find no way to orient a region horizontally. I can only do vertical regions. What's the solution to this? Where do I go to customize its appearance? I looked exhaustively; can't find any option yet.
Re: Horizontal Instead of Vertically Oriented Regions for States in State Machine Diagrams [message #1053530 is a reply to message #902240] Mon, 06 May 2013 12:11 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

It depends on where you click to create a new Region. On the top or bottom of your StateMachine, it will create an Horizontal Region. On the left or right, it will create a Vertical region. The feedback shows the orientation of the Region before you create it.

There were a bug on this feature (Feedback display) in the early 0.10 milestones (Until M5 or M6 I think), and probably in 0.9 too, but this has been fixed (And it should work for 0.10 M7, which will be release at the end of the week).

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Import UML to Papyrus
Next Topic:How to get all the elements from a papyrus model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:59:49 GMT 2024