Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Relationship between code and architecture
Relationship between code and architecture [message #902096] Wed, 15 August 2012 19:59 Go to next message
Simone Amorim is currently offline Simone AmorimFriend

Hello

Could someone show me how I can uncover which packages the eclipse code belong to which parts of Eclipse? For example, I need to know which packages belong to the Eclipse platform, Are they all packages that start with the name org.eclipse.platform?
I need to know exactly what the codes of the following parts:
1.1 Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP)
1.2 Workspaces
1.3 - SWT
1.4 - JFace
2 - Eclipse PDE
3 - Eclipse JDT
4 - Eclipse Equinox

I searched in the eclipse documentation, but I did not find any information relating to the code with architecture.

best regards,

Simone
Re: Relationship between code and architecture [message #902107 is a reply to message #902096] Wed, 15 August 2012 21:21 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
In the Reference section of the Platform Plugin Developers Guide is a map of platform plugins that lists packages and what plugins they can be found in. This may be of help to you.

Open the guide then open References->Other reference information and look for Map of platform plugins.

http://help.eclipse.org/juno/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/overview-platform.html?cp=2_1_3_5
Previous Topic:Help with template creation
Next Topic:Can't open some e4 classes using JDT/PDE on Eclipse 4.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:38:23 GMT 2024