Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Boolean literal serialization from GMF adding parens
Boolean literal serialization from GMF adding parens [message #902041] Wed, 15 August 2012 15:31 Go to next message
Chad Lafferty is currently offline Chad LaffertyFriend
I have an integrated Xtext/Xbase DSL and GMF graphical editor. I'm noticing a strange issue that I'm wondering if anyone has previously discovered or knows a work-around for.

My 'entities' support writing operations similar to methods. Some of these are specifically constraint related operations (eg. need to return boolean).

If I start with a statement like this in one of my operations:

var boolean flag = false;

When I have both editors up and make a change in DSL, GMF reloads the domain model. When I then make a change in GMF and save, GMF serializes my DSL (which seems odd since I'm just making a visual change that does not change the model, but I digress). Now my statement looks like this:

var boolean flag =( (false));

If I repeat this process more and more parens will build up around the initialization of this boolean variable.

Why are these extra parens being added and what can I do to prevent this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Re: Boolean literal serialization from GMF adding parens [message #903420 is a reply to message #902041] Thu, 23 August 2012 14:49 Go to previous message
Chad Lafferty is currently offline Chad LaffertyFriend
I've upgraded to Xtext 2.3.1 and this problem still exists. It seems to only present itself on a fairly complex DSL file. Anyone have any ideas?
Previous Topic:problem for define dsl
Next Topic:solved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:24:43 GMT 2024