Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Please suggest me how to download and build Eclipse Juno source code
Please suggest me how to download and build Eclipse Juno source code [message #902036] Wed, 15 August 2012 15:18 Go to next message
Le Chau Nguyen is currently offline Le Chau NguyenFriend
Hi all,

I am trying to download and build Eclipse CDT Juno (Windows version) from source for preparing to customize it.

However it takes 3 days investigation until now but I can not find any way. These below are some ways I tried:
- Source from CVS by wiki.eclipse.org/CVS_Howto : there are too many projects, I can not know which ones to download
- Guideline by Mr Lars Vogel on vogella.com/articles/EclipseCodeAccess/article.html : very nice, I can generate Eclipse CDT source, separated in many packages. But it includes about hundreds errors. I can fix some of them but too take time so I decide to build for test first. But when I select all packages to "Export to Eclipse product", it show error message when exporting progress reaches to 30-40%, after a very long time. I worry that I still didn't build in correct way.
- Some other try, such as svn, ceb.sourceforge.net/, archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-2.0-200206271835/srcIncludedBuildInstructions.html ... but still not success.

I am very headache now, the Eclipse build information is very rare online, or maybe I am not understand it enough. Can anyone suggest me the correct way to get Eclipse source then build it ? Many thanks!

(Sorry that some URL in the post doesn't include http:// because I am new member, my message number is not enough to post full URL)

[Updated on: Wed, 15 August 2012 15:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Please suggest me how to download and build Eclipse Juno source code [message #902157 is a reply to message #902036] Thu, 16 August 2012 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDT_development

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Please suggest me how to download and build Eclipse Juno source code [message #902262 is a reply to message #902157] Thu, 16 August 2012 15:33 Go to previous message
Le Chau Nguyen is currently offline Le Chau NguyenFriend
By following your URL, I've build Eclipse CDT from source successfully. Thank you very much!
Previous Topic:C/C++ search does not find everything
Next Topic:-std=c++0x no more works on OS X 10.8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:37:32 GMT 2024