Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » How to change tab color?
How to change tab color? [message #901945] Wed, 15 August 2012 08:44 Go to next message
Markus Pitha is currently offline Markus PithaFriend
I reconfigured Eclipse Juno to use the classic theme look. What I can't get managed is the tab color of all tabs. They are blue and this causes eye cancer to me. I couldn't find any setting to solve that. In earlier versions I had success with changing colors of list items, not configurable by Eclipse itself, while using an ".eclipse-gtkrc":
style "eclipse" {
        font_name = "Sans Condensed 8"
}

style "listitem"  {
        base[ACTIVE] = "#AAAAAA"
}

class "GtkWidget" style "eclipse"
class "GtkTreeView" style "listitem"

And invoked it like this:

#!/bin/bash

env GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Ambiance/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:/home/markus/.gtkrc-eclipse '/opt/eclipse/eclipse'

I tried to solve this tab color problem in the same way, but I don't know which GTK component this is. I thought it is GtkNotebook, but changing colors of this widget has no effect.

Any ideas how to change the tab colors, maybe in a different way?

By the way: There are settings to change the colors (see tabcolor_juno.png), but these settings don't cause any effect, so can I assumed it is a bug?

• Attachment: juno.png
    (Size: 34.78KB, Downloaded 399 times)
  • Attachment: tabcolor_juno.png
    (Size: 119.17KB, Downloaded 395 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 15 August 2012 09:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to change tab color? [message #901973 is a reply to message #901945] Wed, 15 August 2012 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
The theme in eclipse doesn't read the system colors. You can use
http://tomsondev.bestsolution.at/2012/07/19/eclipse-4-lf-on-linux/

Tom
Am 15.08.12 10:44, schrieb Markus Pitha:
> I reconfigured Eclipse Juno to use the classic theme look. What I can't get managed is the tab color of all tabs. They are blue and this causes eye cancer to me. I couldn't find any setting to solve that. In earlier versions I had success with changing colors of list items, not configurable by Eclipse itself, while using an ".eclipse-gtkrc":
>
> style "eclipse" {
> font_name = "Sans Condensed 8"
> }
>
> style "listitem" {
> base[ACTIVE] = "#AAAAAA"
> }
>
> class "GtkWidget" style "eclipse"
> class "GtkTreeView" style "listitem"
>
>
> And invoked it like this:
>
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> env GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Ambiance/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:/home/markus/.gtkrc-eclipse '/opt/eclipse/eclipse'
>
>
> I tried to solve this tab color problem in the same way, but I don't know which GTK component this is. I thought it is GtkNotebook, but changing colors of this widget has no effect.
>
> Any ideas how to change the tab colors, maybe in a different way?
>
Re: How to change tab color? [message #901983 is a reply to message #901973] Wed, 15 August 2012 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, but I can't install that. You can't neighter add github.com/tomsontom/e4-e3theme/downloads nor github.com/tomsontom/e4-e3theme (incldung https:// which I can't add here due to strange spam protection in this forum) to Available Software Site in Eclipse, because it ends up in a "Could not find...." or "No software site found".
You can't install it by local repository too. I'm not sure what to import there. The zip file, the tar.gz or some unzipped file? None of these worked and ends up in the error message from above. Any ideas what's wrong with that?

[Updated on: Wed, 15 August 2012 12:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to change tab color? [message #902003 is a reply to message #901983] Wed, 15 August 2012 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
The update site as a zip is available from
https://github.com/tomsontom/e4-e3theme/downloads.

Tom

Am 15.08.12 14:05, schrieb Markus Pitha:
> Thanks, but I can't install that. You can't neighter add
> github.com/tomsontom/e4-e3theme/downloads nor
> github.com/tomsontom/e4-e3theme (incldung https:// which I can't add
> here due to strange spam protection in this forum) to Available Software
> Site in Eclipse, because it ends up in a "Could not find...." or "No
> software site found".
> You can't install it by local repository too. The zip file, the tar.gz,
> the unzipped file? None of these worked and ends up in the error message
> from above. Any ideas what's wrong with that?
Re: How to change tab color? [message #902006 is a reply to message #902003] Wed, 15 August 2012 13:18 Go to previous message
Sorry, but U always get a "No software site found at..." when I enter your url. By the way, I've already got another solution: stackoverflow.com/questions/11961098/eclipse-juno-how-to-change-tab-color
Previous Topic:Autosave
Next Topic:xwt databinding trouble
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:31:27 GMT 2024