Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to call an existing Eclipse dialog from my custom Eclipse plugin?
How to call an existing Eclipse dialog from my custom Eclipse plugin? [message #901891] Tue, 14 August 2012 22:02
Veera Sundar is currently offline Veera SundarFriend
I'm creating an Eclipse plugin that need to invoke the Eclipse "Refactor - Move" dialog box and pass the source file and destination location values dynamically. Since I already have the source file and destination location, I can skip the "Choose destination" page and directly go to the "Preview" page where the user will review the rafactored code caused by the move.

My questions is, how can I call the existing Eclipse dialog from my plugin? What are the extension points should I use?

If it helps, By examining the eclipse source code, I could chase the flow till:
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.refactoring.reorg.ReorgMoveAction.run(IStructuredSelection) -> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.corext.refactoring.RefactoringExecutionStarter.startMoveRefactoring(IResource[], IJavaElement[], Shell)

[Updated on: Tue, 14 August 2012 22:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Oracle - Old syntax for connection string when using Database Development perspective
Next Topic:How to compile AST to bytecode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:12:24 GMT 2024