Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Using CTRL-TAB to switch between cpp and h files: Always
Using CTRL-TAB to switch between cpp and h files: Always [message #901852] Tue, 14 August 2012 18:57 Go to next message
Chris Stankevitz is currently offline Chris StankevitzFriend
Hello,

CTRL-TAB switches the editor between .h and .cpp files. This is wonderful, thank you.

Problem:

I sometimes click in things that are not the editor such as the output window (to goto next error). When this happens the focus is no longer in the editor window and CTRL-TAB no longer works.

Question:

How to I get CTRL-TAB to switch between .h and .cpp even after I click in the output window (or any other window/panel/tab/screen/object/color/menu/button/widget/etc)?

Answer:

a) This is impossible
b) Window | preferences | general | keys | Toggle Source/Header | When | "ALWAYS"
c) Window | preferences | general | keys | Toggle Source/Header | When | In Dialogs And Windows
d) Why don't you try writing your own IDE if you think it's so easy you lazy bum
e) [your answer here]

(b) is a trick answer. There is no "ALWAYS" option
(c) did not work either

Thank you,

Chris
Re: Using CTRL-TAB to switch between cpp and h files: Always [message #901924 is a reply to message #901852] Wed, 15 August 2012 06:40 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
The answer should be c)
However, I does not work for every window (Project Explorer OK, but not Problems View etc.). I guess to get it working for all kind of windows you need to modify the CDT source code.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Autocomplete speed: Juno vs Indigo
Next Topic:How to install a Development Build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:18:57 GMT 2024