Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Oracle - Old syntax for connection string when using Database Development perspective
Oracle - Old syntax for connection string when using Database Development perspective [message #901817] Tue, 14 August 2012 16:52 Go to next message
Doug Busley is currently offline Doug BusleyFriend
Hello Everyone,

I'm having some issues using the database development perspective for our Oracle database. The wizard asks for an SID which is part of the old syntax for connecting. I would like to use the service name instead but the wizard does not allow you to do so and it greys out the input box for the connection url so I can't do it manually.

Essentially, I'd like to do this:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@//HOST:PORT/SERVICE

But it generates this:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@HOST:PORT:SID

Is there a file I can go into and correct the connection url? It won't let me connect with the generated connection url.

Thanks!
Re: Oracle - Old syntax for connection string when using Database Development perspective [message #901819 is a reply to message #901817] Tue, 14 August 2012 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
The wizard you're asking about is not implemented by JDT.
Stephan
Re: Oracle - Old syntax for connection string when using Database Development perspective [message #901820 is a reply to message #901819] Tue, 14 August 2012 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stephan,

Thanks, I figured I might be posting in the wrong spot. Could you point me to the right forum?

Thanks.
Re: Oracle - Old syntax for connection string when using Database Development perspective [message #901823 is a reply to message #901820] Tue, 14 August 2012 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Doug Busley wrote on Tue, 14 August 2012 19:03
Thanks, I figured I might be posting in the wrong spot. Could you point me to the right forum?

You didn't even tell which wizard you are using.
What Eclipse features are you using? EclipseLink? Web Tools? I don't know who provides a database development perspective.

If you really don't know which component contributes that functionality, open the wizard hit Alt-Shift-F1 and it will tell you which classes implement the wizard. From the package names you should be able to deduce more information.

HTH,
Stephan
Re: Oracle - Old syntax for connection string when using Database Development perspective [message #901827 is a reply to message #901823] Tue, 14 August 2012 17:28 Go to previous message
Figured out the issue and where I should have posted. It belongs to DTP.

To fix the problem I had use the Oracle Other Driver instead of the Oracle Thin Driver.
Previous Topic:Open Declaration - F3 opens Excel
Next Topic:How to call an existing Eclipse dialog from my custom Eclipse plugin?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:47:31 GMT 2024