Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » GDB not working with Eclipse CDT Juno on ubuntu 10.04(Breakpoints are not hit)
GDB not working with Eclipse CDT Juno on ubuntu 10.04 [message #901571] Mon, 13 August 2012 13:12 Go to next message
Sandip Missing name is currently offline Sandip Missing nameFriend
Hello,

I am using Eclipse Juno CDT on Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid lynx) with GDB v7.1. My Debug configuration consists of the GDB (DSF) process launcher, Debugger as 'gdb'. I am able to add breakpoints in the code but they are never hit during execution. Can anyone help me to get this working? Perhaps I have configured Eclipse GDB incorrectly or there is a bug in the distro's integration of GDB?

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks,
sandip
Re: GDB not working with Eclipse CDT Juno on ubuntu 10.04 [message #909185 is a reply to message #901571] Thu, 06 September 2012 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Owen is currently offline Charles OwenFriend
I'm teaching a course right now with 80 students and I'm have all kinds of problems with the debugger.

Be sure you have not enabled "Skip all breakpoints". Some idiot put that button, which is probably rarely used, right next to resume. It's easy to accidentally hit it.

Be sure you are running in the debugger. It should go to the debug perspective and it should initially stop at main().

Be sure you don't have more processes running. My students were often hitting Run instead of Resume. The debug process remained paused and they were running a process outside the debugger.

Be sure you are not in Release configuration. Juno seems to want to select the Release configuration on its own sometimes. Breakpoints don't work in release configuration. Note that changing the configuration does not necessary stop it from running an old release-mode executable, so be sure you run Debug As and choose the right one.

Charles Owen
Re: GDB not working with Eclipse CDT Juno on ubuntu 10.04 [message #909554 is a reply to message #901571] Fri, 07 September 2012 10:20 Go to previous message
Luca Cinquepalmi is currently offline Luca CinquepalmiFriend
Hi Sandip,
I have the same problem with Juno and Ubuntu 10.04.
I'm able to make gdb (in my case sparc-rtems4.11-gdb) working with ddd or by command line but when I run it by Eclipse the following error appears:

Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
monitor reset run

Error message from debugger back end:
Target does not support this command.
Target does not support this command.

What does it mean? Thanks a lot.

Luca
Previous Topic:Won't accept period in project name?
Next Topic: Why does not eclipse work for my computer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:28:01 GMT 2024