Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Can't collect technical information from AUT
Can't collect technical information from AUT [message #901502] Mon, 13 August 2012 07:49 Go to next message
Katrin Hochmann is currently offline Katrin HochmannFriend
Hi all,
I have installed Jubula Version 1.2.1 as a stand alone version. After creating a first little testcase I can't collect the technical names from my AUT.
My AUT is a webapplication and I started it first in the Internet Explorer. It opens. Then I started the object mapping mode - but the green border doesn't appear when the mouse hovers above input fields or buttons in the AUT. After pressing Press »CTRL+SHIFT+Q« in the window for the technical names happens nothing - no technical names appear.

In the AUT window appears a message, that a script error has occured - "JSON is undefined".

Here are some further information:
- Internet Explorer Version 8
- Firfox Version 14.0.1
- OS Windows XP Professional

Trying to open the AUT in Firefox, that AUT doesn't start at all.

Thanks a lot.
Regards, Katrin
Re: Can't collect technical information from AUT [message #902140 is a reply to message #901502] Thu, 16 August 2012 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

For the first issue, you should take a look at the documentation on object mapping (HTML uses a different way of collecting the elements than CTRL+SHIFT+Q).

The Firefox not opening will be to do with the version: there is an open ticket to update the support for this. If I remember correctly, our tests currently run on FF 10 and we have had no problems using 11 and 12. From 13+ there is currently a problem when starting AUTs.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Can't collect technical information from AUT [message #902158 is a reply to message #901502] Thu, 16 August 2012 07:31 Go to previous message
Katrin Hochmann is currently offline Katrin HochmannFriend
Hi Alex,
thank you for your answer. After reading the according topic in the manual once again I tried to collect the technical names by clicking the components (input fields and buttons). But nothing happens, no technical names appeared in the Object Mapping Editor in the unassigned technical names category.

The error message according the undefined JSON appeared after starting the object mapping mode as described in my first message.

I'm using the Internet Explorer 8 - can this be the problem?

Do you know when the problem with starting AUTs with FF 13+ will be fixed?

Thank you and have a nice day.
Katrin
Previous Topic:Installing previous versions of Jubula?
Next Topic:writing into an editable table cell
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:12:51 GMT 2024