Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Suspend/Pause not working (Hitting the suspend button on a running debug session with ARM GDB Hardware debugging has no effect)
Suspend/Pause not working [message #901480] Mon, 13 August 2012 00:32 Go to next message
Burns Fisher is currently offline Burns FisherFriend
I am on Indigo with C/C++ GDB Hardware Debugging and GNU ARM C/C++ Development Support plugins. Host OS is Ubuntu 11.10. Download works fine. Breakpoints work fine. But if I hit the run button and then the Pause button (or suspend) nothing happens.

If I connect to the gdbserver running gdb in a terminal, ^C pauses/suspends just as I expect. If I look at the gdb console in Eclipse, I see commands when other things happen, but nothing at all when I hit pause. So it would seem that the connection between Eclipse and gdb is not passing the interrupt message. BTW, this does seem to work on Indigo on Ubuntu 10.4, but there are enough differences that I can't say it is the OS. Could be Java? I've also tried 11.10 both 64-bits and 32-bits with no difference.

Any ideas? Is this the right forum?

Thanks from a newbie.
Re: Suspend/Pause not working [message #918317 is a reply to message #901480] Thu, 20 September 2012 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Apostolov is currently offline Vlad ApostolovFriend
Did you find any solution?
I have exactly the same problem. I am running Eclipse Juno Release, Build id: 20120606-2254 on Windows 7, remote debugging with cross GDB for host i686-pc-cygwin and target i686-pc-linux-gnu.
I am also using the latest GDB 7.5. The same version configurations work fine when I run Eclipse Juno on Ubuntu 12.04 but I need to have it working on Windows 7 too.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 September 2012 23:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Suspend/Pause not working [message #918324 is a reply to message #918317] Thu, 20 September 2012 23:48 Go to previous message
Burns Fisher is currently offline Burns FisherFriend
Hi Vlad,

My solution is obviously not for you because I got mine to work by upgrading to Juno. I'm also running Ubuntu 12.04.1 (Precise) but I'm pretty sure I had the same problem with Precise and Juno. I'm guessing that the problem has to be related to Java and somehow not taking the Java command and turning it into a SIGINT. Running GDB outside of Eclipse and typing ^C worked fine.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful or not...I hope so.

Burns
Previous Topic:Managed Build Associate ProjectType with Existing General Category
Next Topic:Workspace crash!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:37:08 GMT 2024