Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » semantic errors(semantic errors)
semantic errors [message #901369] Sat, 11 August 2012 15:45
first last is currently offline first lastFriend
I dont know if this is a setup problem or something else. I installed eclipse juno most recent version as of about 3 to 4 days ago. Went ahead and installed cygwin, and selected all of the development tools and libraries pretty much anything i think would be related to c/c++ programming in eclipse. Ran the Hello World program as a test to see if i had things set up right. Had a few issues with that but ended up getting it working. Figured let me code something else and see what heppens. Well the result i got were errors stating that symbols cin and cout could not be resolved and that they are semantic errors. Just confused because i thought that these were defined in <iostream.h>, so eclipse should be able to recognize these as valid. Now i do admit i had the same problem during the initial Hello World code when i typed that in but it seemd to go away when i saved it. Not really sure why that woul dmake a difference but it did. tried that on the new code i entered in and still finds an issue with the cin, cout reference. Hope someone has some ideas. Just want to be able to code and know i have this set up properly.
Previous Topic:Set code active/inactive
Next Topic:how can i use my eclipse (JUNO Version on fedora 17) connect mysql server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:45:42 GMT 2024