Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » open a second window inside shell and example source
open a second window inside shell and example source [message #901351] Sat, 11 August 2012 07:43 Go to next message
john cashion is currently offline john cashionFriend
Hey all got two questions that I'm hoping someone can answer. I have a shell window I've created to test out different things in SWT/Windowbuilder Pro, and I'd like to know if it was possible to edit a messagebox or other window inside of another window. If that was hard to understand here is the situation, I've created a window with a toolbar, on it I have a button for "about" that opens up a messagebox showing the about information of the program. The code for the message box lies inside the window code. I'd like to be able to use windowbuilder pro to edit that messagebox inside of my shell. Is this possible? or do I have to move the messagebox to its own file? I have a few popup's I need to code, and I'd like to keep them all in the same class since they are all GUI objects.

The other thing I'm wondering is how do i view the source of the swt example source. I know its offtopic from windowbuilder pro, but i'm trying to see it so I know how to edit it in WBP. Currently, I can do "window > show view > other > SWT examples > SWT controls" but this only shows the interface, and not the underlying code behind it. anyway to see this code? many thanks for assistance.
Re: open a second window inside shell and example source [message #901402 is a reply to message #901351] Sat, 11 August 2012 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
WindowBuilder will only let you edit one window at a time. If one window opens another, you would need to have each defined in its own class and opened in its own editor.
Re: open a second window inside shell and example source [message #901414 is a reply to message #901351] Sun, 12 August 2012 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john cashion is currently offline john cashionFriend
thanks Eric, I did as you suggested and it worked out great. Got another question for you that I'm hoping you can answer. I cannot find any information how to bring an image onto a shell with windowbuilder pro. I'm using SWT as my style guide, and the closest I can find there is canvas, but there is no further information in the properties to set an image. I suspect I'm using the wrong control, or simply doing it wrong all together. In short, I'm simply trying to find a way to bring an image onto a shell. I already have the image in the project, just can't seem to get it into WBP. Thank for the help!
Re: open a second window inside shell and example source [message #901478 is a reply to message #901414] Sun, 12 August 2012 23:34 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
You can either set the backgroundImage property of the shell itself or use a Label widget and set its image property.
Previous Topic:how reopen a design view
Next Topic:Wrong positioning of the components
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:40:24 GMT 2024