Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Create UML Diagrams based on an existing model
Create UML Diagrams based on an existing model [message #901287] Fri, 10 August 2012 15:52 Go to next message
Tex Iano is currently offline Tex IanoFriend
Hi,

I have created a UML model using the UML 2. Now I want to create a diagram using Papyrus. Is there a way when creating a new project that an existing model is used? Or is the only way to create a new project and replace the automatically created model by the existing one?

Regards,

Tex
Re: Create UML Diagrams based on an existing model [message #901372 is a reply to message #901287] Sat, 11 August 2012 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Hrak is currently offline Simon HrakFriend
Hey,

i am also interested in that problem. Am i going right assuming that you would like to have a automatic generation of a complete graphical (class?-)diagram from a .uml file?

Regards,
Rhaban
Re: Create UML Diagrams based on an existing model [message #901393 is a reply to message #901372] Sat, 11 August 2012 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

of course this would be really nice. But I would be already happy when I had the chance to create a new project based on an existing model so that I can create diagrams manually.

Regards,

Tex
Re: Create UML Diagrams based on an existing model [message #901453 is a reply to message #901287] Sun, 12 August 2012 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Have you tried selecting your uml file then doing New->Other... Papyrus
Papyrus Model?

Regards

Ed Willink

On 10/08/2012 16:52, Tex Iano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a UML model using the UML 2. Now I want to create a
> diagram using Papyrus. Is there a way when creating a new project that
> an existing model is used? Or is the only way to create a new project
> and replace the automatically created model by the existing one?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tex
Re: Create UML Diagrams based on an existing model [message #901472 is a reply to message #901453] Sun, 12 August 2012 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, this is the way to go! Thanks Ed!
Re: Create UML Diagrams based on an existing model [message #1000972 is a reply to message #901472] Tue, 15 January 2013 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrei Miclaus is currently offline Andrei MiclausFriend
Hello

I stumbled upon your post and was very happy to create a Papyrus Model from a .uml file.

The only problem is, I could only import the uml model into the Papyrus Model but I could not find a way to display the uml elements in the diagram.

The uml model I imported was one created beforehand in Papyrus using an Activity Diagram.
I copied it to a new Papyrus project and created a new model by right-clicking on the .uml file->new papyrus model->selecting the Activity Diagram and the root Package as root element.

Drag&Drop of elements in the Model Explorer does nothing.
No import option that I could fine and I also couldn't find any properties to set.
How can I display the elements of the UML Model in Papyrus?

using:
Papyrus 0.9.1v201209190809
on Eclipse Juno Service Release 1 Build id: 20120920-0800

The goal is to create a UML model from a Palladio Model through a QVT-O transformation and it would be great to be able to visualize the result in Papyrus or any other editor.
Re: Create UML Diagrams based on an existing model [message #1289792 is a reply to message #1000972] Wed, 09 April 2014 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Santiago Semhan is currently offline Santiago SemhanFriend
Anyone solve this?
Re: Create UML Diagrams based on an existing model [message #1290592 is a reply to message #1289792] Thu, 10 April 2014 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

For importing semantic models, see Ed's reply

For graphical models, Papyrus provides an experimental tool to recreate a diagram from a Semantic Model and a Template (Which defines what should be displayed). However, for one-shot, it's easier to rely on Drag & Drop (For diagrams which support it)

Note that there are some bugs when you drop many elements at the same time. It is recommended to drop the nodes first, then the links (To avoid duplicates)

You can also use Ctrl + Drop if you want to restore the contents of the dropped elements (e.g. The Attributes and Operations of a Class)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Create UML Diagrams based on an existing model [message #1390022 is a reply to message #1290592] Sat, 28 June 2014 19:37 Go to previous message
abdush mohd is currently offline abdush mohdFriend
Hi,

Sorry for opening this thread again, I came across it but I couldn't find a way to view my ".uml" model. I have Papyrus installed and I want to view (graphically) a stat chart uml model generated from model transformations. The first approach doesn't seem to initialize the diagram file (shows an empty rectangle ) and I don't know how to go with the Drag & Drop. Is there anyway to visualize.uml models in Papyrus or any other eclipse tool?

Thanks
Abdu
Previous Topic:Announcing Eclipse OCL 5.0.0 and 5.0.1 for Luna
Next Topic:How to set diagrams background color?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:44:17 GMT 2024