Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » Koneki doesn't work with Funambol DM-Server
Koneki doesn't work with Funambol DM-Server [message #901263] Fri, 10 August 2012 14:14 Go to next message
Sascha Rudat is currently offline Sascha RudatFriend
Hello, I am working on an univerity project and I am planning to develop a device management based application. For a starting point I want to get a simulated solution working.

I followed the guide in the Koneki wiki but there's a problem with the first step in the server-install-section Quote:
The dm-server is available at this address: sourceforge.net/projects/funambol/files/dm-server

This page does not exist, you can only download a funambol bundle at sourceforge.net/projects/funambol/files/bundle/v10/ which does not work with Koneki. I found out that only the calendar, contact etc. sync is available for free.
Quote:
Funambol is the leading mobile cloud sync solution . The software in this repository is the open source version which consists of a sync server, clients/apps/sdks for mobile devices and computers, and connector software to interface with other systems. The open source version syncs PIM data such as contacts (address books), calendars (agendas), tasks and notes. The commercial version (unavailable on sourceforge) syncs additional data and media.

Is there another possibility to get Koneki running? Another server or an old download link of the "old" working funambol DM Server?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Koneki doesn't work with Funambol DM-Server [message #901268 is a reply to message #901263] Fri, 10 August 2012 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hi Sascha

I don't know why the Funambol DM server is not available on their source forge anymore... I have put it here for you to download.

I am not aware of any other free DM server that you could use for your project, but if you find one please share with us! Smile

Cheers
Benjamin.

Re: Koneki doesn't work with Funambol DM-Server [message #901353 is a reply to message #901263] Sat, 11 August 2012 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool thank you for the link!
Now I can finally work on this Cool
Re: Koneki doesn't work with Funambol DM-Server [message #904965 is a reply to message #901353] Wed, 29 August 2012 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello Sascha,

Is the problem described in this thread familiar to you?
Any chance you can help the guys there?

Thanks!
Benjamin.

Re: Koneki doesn't work with Funambol DM-Server [message #905009 is a reply to message #901263] Wed, 29 August 2012 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, luckily I had no problems using your provided version 3.6 of the server. Just for the protocol: I installed it on a Ubuntu 12.04 virtual machine by following the user guide. Works like a charm.
Re: Koneki doesn't work with Funambol DM-Server [message #905019 is a reply to message #905009] Wed, 29 August 2012 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks much for the quick response Sascha. I am very happy to know that everything worked like a charm for you!
Please do not hesitate to report bugs or discuss new feature requests... Even though the simulator is not really our priority at the moment (vs. the Lua Development Tools), we are happy when our users are Smile

Benjamin.

Re: Koneki doesn't work with Funambol DM-Server [message #1435342 is a reply to message #905019] Wed, 01 October 2014 11:00 Go to previous message
Drup Desai is currently offline Drup DesaiFriend
Hi Bejamin,

I have gone through your post. But I am facing the same issue for DM server downloading.

I didnt fine DM server latest download link in sourceforge.

I am using JBOSS 7.1 so I might need latest version of DM server.

Can you please hep me out to download latest DM server.

Thanks in advanced.
Previous Topic:Koneki LDT move in his own project.
Next Topic:LDT debugger error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:14:03 GMT 2024