Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [acceleo] standalone, no emtl found
[acceleo] standalone, no emtl found [message #901173] Fri, 10 August 2012 08:19 Go to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi,

I suppose this must be a beginners issue.

I created a M2T transformation and need to execute it outside eclipse. What I did was (after testing the transformation inside eclipse), use eclipse's export functionality to create a runnable jar. Attempts to execute it lead to:

java.io.IOException: '/foo/bar2baz/generator/common/bar2baz.emtl' not found
        at org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AbstractAcceleoGenerator.initialize(AbstractAcceleoGenerator.java:450)
        at foo.bar2baz.generator.common.bar2baz.<init>(bar2baz.java:90)
        at foo.bar2baz.generator.common.bar2baz.main(bar2baz.java:144)

Inspecting the jar learns that the emtl is not present. Adding it manually does not help either.

What is the proper (= easy and correct) way to solve this?

Greetings,
Wilbert
Re: [acceleo] standalone, no emtl found [message #901520 is a reply to message #901173] Mon, 13 August 2012 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

There was an issue with Eclipse export functionality with Acceleo (which version of Acceleo are you using?). The proper way to build an Acceleo generator would be to use maven. You can have a look at the documentation and its two different examples. You can even look at a complex use case with a several meta-models and half a dozen generators depending one from the other. This way, you can easily integrate your generator with any continuous integration tool.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau & @acceleo
Google+: stephane.begaudeau & acceleo
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com
Acceleo Documentation: http://docs.obeonetwork.com/acceleo
Re: [acceleo] standalone, no emtl found [message #903521 is a reply to message #901520] Fri, 24 August 2012 06:22 Go to previous message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi Stephane,

Although I solved it earlier, and just read your reaction, I think you're right.

I solved it by having the 'export' option also generate an ant script. When I run the ant script, the emtl is included.

Thanks,
Wilbert.
Previous Topic:[XPAND] Cast Exception when opening XPAND File
Next Topic:[Acceleo] generating input filename
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:30:06 GMT 2024