Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Set '*' as a Password Char in a Form Field(Cannot find SetEchoChar() in Eclipse Scout)
Set '*' as a Password Char in a Form Field [message #901077] Thu, 09 August 2012 15:56 Go to next message
Hector Romer is currently offline Hector RomerFriend
Hi,

First of all, I am using Scout.

I would like to know how can I set '*' as the masking char in the password field of my Users Form.

In other words, I'd like the password to be displayed a a series of * in the corresponding form field.

Hector

[Updated on: Thu, 09 August 2012 15:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Set '*' as a Password Char in a Form Field [message #901079 is a reply to message #901077] Thu, 09 August 2012 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur vD is currently offline Arthur vDFriend
Hi

For an AbstractStringField you can set getConfiguredInputMasked to true. I don't think you can explicitly set the masking character, I believe it just uses a password field provided by SWT, Swing etc. If you have/want to change it, you could try playing with execFormatValue (I don't know whether you would have to check for possible "clipboard attacks" in that case).

I hope that helps.

Regards

Arthur

[Updated on: Thu, 09 August 2012 16:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Set '*' as a Password Char in a Form Field [message #901084 is a reply to message #901077] Thu, 09 August 2012 16:29 Go to previous message
Ivan Motsch is currently offline Ivan MotschFriend
In the scout sdk this is the property "InputMasked" that you have to check for that text/string field.

Does this help you?

Previous Topic:password with salt
Next Topic:Security in Juno
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:34:33 GMT 2024