Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » writing into an editable table cell(manual testing is fine, jubula says "not editable")
writing into an editable table cell [message #900939] Thu, 09 August 2012 07:27 Go to next message
Peter S. is currently offline Peter S.Friend
Hi. I'm quite new to Jubula, using v1.2.1 on an RCP-application and having troubles with writing into editable table cells.

I tried everything that came into my mind to put text into the cell, but Jubula always stops the test case due to an "action error", telling me the cell is not editable.

I just managed to write into it by sending single keys, but in this cell there is a time required, thus the syntax gets checked and Jubula makes "02.00" out of my "02:00" (german layout).

EDIT:
I still don't know, why Jubula tells me the cell is not editable, but managed to put "02:00" into the cell in 8 steps: selectCell, pressAnyKey[0], pressAnyKey[2], setToggleKey_CAPSLOCK [true], pressAnyKey[ : ], ... looks inelegant but does the job.

Peter

[Updated on: Fri, 17 August 2012 09:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: writing into an editable table cell [message #901493 is a reply to message #900939] Mon, 13 August 2012 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Using the Replace Text in Cell action may not always work - it depends very much on the table type used and what kind of cell editor it has.
My experience has been that writing a module that does the following is usually successful:

Replace Text in Cell [Cell to select; Text to enter]
- Select cell (1 or 2 clicks, depending what is needed)
- Any steps necessary to select the whole text (either 1 or 2 clicks will have done it or I may need to press ctrl+a, F2 ...)
- Application input text (writes the text where the current focus is)
- Enter

It should be easier to do than in 8 steps Smile The module is perhaps complex to write at first, but you can parametrize the cell to select and the text to enter, so you only need to write it once.

HTH,
Alex
Re: writing into an editable table cell [message #901556 is a reply to message #901493] Mon, 13 August 2012 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

thank you for your reply. Application input text gives me an error with the description "Point to click is outside of component", although the focus IS in the cell (which is obvious, because my static pressAnyKey-attempt works).

Application external input text writes text into my cell, but only if it doesn't contain a special character, e.g. a colon ":" (which is mandatory for my time-column) or whitespace " ". Otherwise an action error says "Invalid Parameter Value".

Is there a way that non-alphanumeric characters are accepted too?

Thanks in advance, Peter

[Updated on: Tue, 14 August 2012 07:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: writing into an editable table cell [message #902141 is a reply to message #901556] Thu, 16 August 2012 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

That is interesting, I don't think I've seen that before! If you can give some details on what kind of table / SWT version / table cell editor you are using, that may help us to find out what is going on there - you can put a ticket in.

The external inputs do have a reduced character set, so they wont help here. One possible way that might get you past this point is to use the action "Copy to clipboard" followed by Ctrl+V (using key combination (either "normal" or "external" - see which works for you)). It's not the prettiest set of steps, but if your aim is to get the text into the table then it should help you achieve that Smile

HTH,
Alex
Re: writing into an editable table cell [message #902171 is a reply to message #902141] Thu, 16 August 2012 08:41 Go to previous message
Hi Alex,

this copyTextToClipboard, pressKeyCombination_CTRL_V sequence seems to work perfectly.
Moreover, I actually like it. It is easy to parameterize and takes just two steps more (selectCell, paste) than a replaceText command.

Thank you, Peter
Previous Topic:Can't collect technical information from AUT
Next Topic:How to start AUT which is JNLP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:11:46 GMT 2024