Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Launching Virgo programmatically (say via Tanuki / java program)(Launching Virgo programmatically (say via Tanuki / java program))
Launching Virgo programmatically (say via Tanuki / java program) [message #900933] Thu, 09 August 2012 07:10 Go to next message
Salil Gandhi is currently offline Salil GandhiFriend
Hi,

I want to launch Virgo 3.5 programmatically and manage it;s lifecycle via java code. I will be using Tanuki to launch the java program. Can you please help me do that? I was earlier using equinox and was able to the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Salil Gandhi
Re: Launching Virgo programmatically (say via Tanuki / java program) [message #900994 is a reply to message #900933] Thu, 09 August 2012 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

Hi,

You can take a look at bin/dmk.sh or bin/dmk.bat to check the exact parameters to start/stop Virgo.

We use equinox launcher in 3.5, so you should be quite familiar with the parameters in the scripts.

I haven't used Tanuki, but from the short look I had, you should be able to reuse some of the existing scripts for other servers (Tomcat for instance).

Regards,
Hristo Iliev
Re: Launching Virgo programmatically (say via Tanuki / java program) [message #901200 is a reply to message #900994] Fri, 10 August 2012 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Salil Gandhi is currently offline Salil GandhiFriend
Hello,

I wanted to know what is the class that we need to call up to trigger virgo launch as a service. For equinox, it has a class EclipseStarter that I can call up via java program and launch equinox in a programmatic way. It also takes the configuration directory as a parameter. Can you tell me how I can do that with Virgo?

Thanks & Regards,
Salil Gandhi
Re: Launching Virgo programmatically (say via Tanuki / java program) [message #901358 is a reply to message #901200] Sat, 11 August 2012 11:54 Go to previous message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

Hi,

AFAIK the EclipseStarter is part of Eclipse IDE and not Equinox itself.

If you want to use the startup method, this may require some manual work, since Virgo does not have Eclipse applications supported out of the box.

It's seems easier to go for EclipseStarter's main method, but then again you'll be in the same position as if you used equinox's launcher that we run in Virgo's startup files.

You can simply copy the parameters used in dmk scripts and start the launcher. This can be done either from your own code or using the native launcher [1] provided with Equinox Framework [2].

The arguments used in the dmk scirpts are a mix of OSGi properties and equinox launcher ones [3].

Regards,
Hristo Iliev

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.equinox/framework/bundles/org.eclipse.equinox.executable/?root=RT_Project
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/framework/
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_Launcher
Previous Topic:Exceptions injecting reserved beans in Blueprint
Next Topic:Spring Security with multiple webapps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:53:05 GMT 2024