Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to get plugins and pluglets in new projects menu?(New Project wizard does not list Plugins or Pluglets)
How to get plugins and pluglets in new projects menu? [message #900873] Wed, 08 August 2012 18:53 Go to next message
Michael Shulman is currently offline Michael ShulmanFriend
Hello! I'm trying to learn to develop both plugins and pluglets. Eventually this will be to interface with Rational RSA to access UML models, but for now I just want to learn to create them. When I mouse New/Project and the "New Project" panel comes up, its Wizards list does not contain either "pluglets" or "plugin development environment". This disagrees with "how to create a plugin" stuff I have found in online IBM documentation. I am running:

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: Indigo Service Release 2
Build id: 20120216-1857

I tried going to Help/Install New Software, and typed "Plugin" and then "Pluglet" into the (unnamed) search textfield, but nothing was found. And indeed, I would rather expect plugins and pluglets to be built into basic Eclipse, not something that has to be added.

Can you help?
Thanks,
Michael Shulman(ASD Inc.)
Re: How to get plugins and pluglets in new projects menu? [message #900874 is a reply to message #900873] Wed, 08 August 2012 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps I should mention that this has nothing to do with C/C++, even though I started with the CDT version of Eclipse. I've downloaded Java and EE perspectives, and of course I expect to code plugins in Java.

Michael Shulman
Re: How to get plugins and pluglets in new projects menu? [message #900897 is a reply to message #900874] Wed, 08 August 2012 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
You need to install the SDKs to develop plugins. They aren't included in all releases. You should be able to install the Eclipse SDK and Eclipse Platform SDK from the Install New Software wizard. That should give you the tools you need to develop plugins.
Re: How to get plugins and pluglets in new projects menu? [message #901016 is a reply to message #900897] Thu, 09 August 2012 12:08 Go to previous message
OK that did the trick. Thanks!
Previous Topic:More context for search results?
Next Topic:Installing eclipse plugin offline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:08:49 GMT 2024