Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » EMF Compare - comparision throough emf compare failed [compare]
EMF Compare - comparision throough emf compare failed [compare] [message #900805] Wed, 08 August 2012 14:25 Go to next message
Stacey Hopkins is currently offline Stacey HopkinsFriend
Have already been using EMF for an RCP app and their is a need to be able to compare and merge models. Looks promising for my use case, so far.

So wanted to see if it can be used simply in the eclipse environment, so followed user guide and set the content type to recognise my file extension (*.fm).

Went to compare two fm files and got package with uri not found error.

Used the library example to generate two *.library files and used this and it worked fine.

So I thought the issue was that emf compare was not finding my ecore model. So I tried to update my Ns Prefix and Ns URI to be like the library ecore model but for my context. Generated model/edit/editor code - generated two new files but still had the same error "package with uri not found error".

Anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Re: EMF Compare - comparision throough emf compare failed [compare] [message #900932 is a reply to message #900805] Thu, 09 August 2012 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

Exceptions such as these really happen when EMF (and not Compare) cannot find the metamodel of your models. When you try and open your "*fm" models in their regular editor (or through right-click > open with > sample Ecore reflective editor), you will get that same error logged. The problem is that the metamodel of your "fm" files is not accessible to your current Eclipse. It needs to be installed or located in a previous workspace (put the metamodel in a workspace, then use Run > Run As > Eclipse Application. You will be a new Eclipse with an empty workspace, but from that particular Eclipse, your metamodel will be accessible). When this is done correctly, you will be able to open your models in their generated editor and/or compare them.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

Re: EMF Compare - comparision throough emf compare failed [compare] [message #901601 is a reply to message #900932] Mon, 13 August 2012 15:48 Go to previous message
Stacey Hopkins is currently offline Stacey HopkinsFriend
Yep understood - brain has clicked into gear and got it working - thanks for the prompt that got me there!
Previous Topic:How can I enumerate all of the generated classes?
Next Topic:[EMF] [EMF-Databinding] Error to observe changes in Undo Command over TableViewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:35:28 GMT 2024