Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » VTS 3.0 - offline hosted repository(How to configure the Virgo repository client to be able to startup with offline hosted repository)
VTS 3.0 - offline hosted repository [message #900492] Tue, 07 August 2012 09:44 Go to next message
Janno de Wit is currently offline Janno de WitFriend

Hi Virgo Community,

I'm investigating to host our application bundles in a hosted Virgo repository.
The repository clients are tens of Virgo 3.0 for Apache Tomcat installations.

The ideal scenario would be to once download the dependencies from the hosted repository. When the repository client restarts it should not require the hosted repository to be online.

The current behavior is that the Virgo instance that acts as a repository client will not be able to locate its dependencies on a restart if the repository is offline.

The reason i'm asking is that the hosted repository mechanism works great for dependency distrbution, although I don't want to introduce possible single points of failure in case of repository unavailability.

Current configuration:
- VTS 2.1.1 configured with the hosted repository
- Multiple Virgo Server for Apache Tomcat 3.0.3 installaties having the hosted repository in the chain:

...snip org.eclipse.virgo.repository.properties...
hosted-270.type=remote
hosted-270.uri=......../org.eclipse.virgo.apps.repository/repo-270
hosted-270.indexRefreshInterval=31536000

Is anyone using a sort of the same scenario?
Re: VTS 3.0 - offline hosted repository [message #901592 is a reply to message #900492] Mon, 13 August 2012 15:02 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Please would you raise an enhancement bugzilla. I think I've seen that requirement before, although it was a while back and the single point of failure aspect was not called out IIRC.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 August 2012 15:02]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Spring Security with multiple webapps
Next Topic:Virgo Snaps Sample 3.5 not complete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:32:01 GMT 2024