Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » BIRT Report confusion(What release is supported?)
BIRT Report confusion [message #900329] Mon, 06 August 2012 14:07 Go to next message
Nathan Reed is currently offline Nathan ReedFriend
Mac OSX 10.6.8
Eclipse Indigo 3.7 32 bit
EGL 0.8.1

I have installed BIRT reports and created a report. In trying to integrate with EGL I found the following note in the EGL BIRT Help:

Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) is an Eclipse-based reporting system that allows for sophisticated output in PDF or HTML format, including graphics, tables, graphs, and charts. EGL support for BIRT is will be available when you code programs generated for Java™; but that support is not available in version .7 of the Eclipse IDE for EGL Developers.

Can anyone clarify what the .7 is referencing? Does this mean that BIRT EGL integration is not supported on Indigo 3.7? And does this mean that you would need to go BACK a release in Eclipse to find EGL BIRT integration?

Not sure what .7 means for sure. Does anyone know what mix of Eclipse/EGL/BIRT is supported?

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Re: BIRT Report confusion [message #900346 is a reply to message #900329] Mon, 06 August 2012 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin Spadea is currently offline Justin SpadeaFriend
Hi Nathan,

.7 means EDT version 0.7.0. Right now there is no EGL-BIRT integration, and it's not in the current plan (we're focusing on finishing up extensibility and adding language elements). I haven't worked with BIRT before, but since it's implemented in Java you could write some external types to work directly with the BIRT API.

-Justin
Re: BIRT Report confusion [message #900380 is a reply to message #900346] Mon, 06 August 2012 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nathan Reed is currently offline Nathan ReedFriend
Justin:

Thanks much. I thought that was what it was saying. I am gonna give the java interface a go.

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Re: BIRT Report confusion [message #900549 is a reply to message #900380] Tue, 07 August 2012 13:33 Go to previous message
Matt Heitz is currently offline Matt HeitzFriend
Hi Nathan,

Feel free to share your code, or blog about what you do, if you think it would help others.

-Matt
Previous Topic:EGL EDT
Next Topic:Deployed app not rendering in FF, Safari, Chrome
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:56:33 GMT 2024