Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Anyone using EclipseLink-EIS(need it to support mapping Java POJOs onto non-relational data stores)
Anyone using EclipseLink-EIS [message #900241] Mon, 06 August 2012 05:37 Go to next message
Praveen K is currently offline Praveen KFriend
I have a requirement to support mapping Java POJOs onto non-relational data stores using the Java Connector Architecture (JCA) API. From its description, EclipseLink-EIS seems what I am looking for.

On following URL: http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/ I only see JPA, MOXy & DBWS. I see no reference to EclipseLink-EIS. I am still unsure about the implementation status of this project.

Could you please help me understand if EclipseLink-EIS is ready for use or what stage it is in? Anyone has got any experience with it?

I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Praveen

Re: Anyone using EclipseLink-EIS [message #900780 is a reply to message #900241] Wed, 08 August 2012 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

EclipseLink's EIS support has been renamed EclipseLink NoSQL in 2.4,

see
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/FAQ/NoSQL

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/UserGuide/JPA/Advanced_JPA_Development/NoSQL

EclipseLink NoSQL is ready for use and under active development.

What EIS system do you need to access?

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: Anyone using EclipseLink-EIS [message #901002 is a reply to message #900780] Thu, 09 August 2012 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Praveen K is currently offline Praveen KFriend
Thanks James. I'd investigate EclipseLink NoSQL further.

Regarding your question on what EIS I am trying to connect. There are some in-house products who have got proprietary API to access the data. My assumption is that by doing some extensions to EclipseLink NoSQL, it will allow me to accomplish it. Am I right?
Re: Anyone using EclipseLink-EIS [message #905040 is a reply to message #901002] Wed, 29 August 2012 15:28 Go to previous message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

Yes, you will need to write your own JCA adapter and an EISPlatform for your data-source.
The easiest way to do this would be to copy one of the existing ones provided in EclipseLink and customize it for your data-sources API.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Previous Topic:Can not set ManyToOne field to inherited entity
Next Topic:setTableQualifier(schema) without transaction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:46:51 GMT 2024