Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » SWT Visual Editor not showing correctly(Using Eclipse Juno 4.2 in Bodhi Linux, the editor does not show correctly)
SWT Visual Editor not showing correctly [message #900196] Sun, 05 August 2012 08:39 Go to next message
Khai Nodd is currently offline Khai NoddFriend
Hello,

I have eclipse Juno installed under oracle jdk 1.7.0_05 in Bodhi Linux, and the visual editor does not seem to work. The steps I took were just upgrading windowbuilder, and installing the SWT toolkit.

Then I create a new SWT/JFace Java Project and adding a new Shell, and open the "Design" tab. An error is then shown that disallows the editor to be used (I uploaded a screen capture with the exception shown in the error log).

Just in case, the message in the event details is:

Designer [1.5.0.r42x201206111201.201208051011]: org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.creation.ThisCreationSupport cannot be cast to org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.creation.ILiveCreationSupport

The Stacktrace:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.creation.ThisCreationSupport cannot be cast to org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.creation.ILiveCreationSupport
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.util.live.AbstractLiveManager.createClone(AbstractLiveManager.java:221)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swt.model.widgets.live.SwtLiveManager.createLiveComponent(SwtLiveManager.java:62)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.util.live.AbstractLiveManager.createCacheEntryEx(AbstractLiveManager.java:103)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.util.live.AbstractLiveManager.createCacheEntry(AbstractLiveManager.java:82)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.util.live.AbstractLiveManager.getCachedEntry(AbstractLiveManager.java:264)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.util.live.AbstractLiveManager.getCachedEntry(AbstractLiveManager.java:250)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swt.model.widgets.live.SwtLiveManager.getImage(SwtLiveManager.java:133)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swt.model.widgets.ControlInfo.getLiveImage(ControlInfo.java:138)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.AbstractComponentInfo.getImage(AbstractComponentInfo.java:165)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.gef.part.AbstractComponentEditPart$1.paintClientArea(AbstractComponentEditPart.java:91)
at org.eclipse.wb.draw2d.Figure.paintFigure(Figure.java:533)
at org.eclipse.wb.draw2d.Figure.paint(Figure.java:514)
at org.eclipse.wb.draw2d.Figure.paintChildren(Figure.java:552)
at org.eclipse.wb.draw2d.Figure.paint(Figure.java:516)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.draw2d.FigureCanvas.handlePaint(FigureCanvas.java:188)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.draw2d.FigureCanvas.access$2(FigureCanvas.java:160)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.draw2d.FigureCanvas$3.handleEvent(FigureCanvas.java:150)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1276)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1300)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1285)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.gtk_expose_event(Control.java:2992)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.gtk_expose_event(Composite.java:706)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.gtk_expose_event(Canvas.java:167)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.windowProc(Widget.java:1754)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:5116)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4369)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._gtk_main_do_event(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.gtk_main_do_event(OS.java:8295)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.eventProc(Display.java:1192)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._g_main_context_iteration(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.g_main_context_iteration(OS.java:2332)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3177)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:916)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:585)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:540)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)

And the session data:
eclipse.buildId=I20120608-1400
java.version=1.7.0_05
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=es_ES
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

I've tried to reinstall eclipse and Windowbuilder several times, to no avail. Any clue?

Thank you (sorry about my english, I'm spanish), and keep the good work!
  • Attachment: captura.png
    (Size: 88.74KB, Downloaded 300 times)
  • Attachment: exception.png
    (Size: 91.48KB, Downloaded 347 times)
Re: SWT Visual Editor not showing correctly [message #900203 is a reply to message #900196] Sun, 05 August 2012 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
It looks like an installation problem of some sort. It would be helpful to see the entire Eclipse .log file.

What exact Eclipse distribution are you using?

Is the Eclipse PDE installed? Several of the exceptions indicate that it might be missing (it is required for SWT/RCP editing).
Re: SWT Visual Editor not showing correctly [message #900226 is a reply to message #900203] Sun, 05 August 2012 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I've installed the last version of eclipse Juno (4.2) for Java developers, that includes the WindowBuilder feature. I've tried to install PDE, but eclipse says it is already installed. I attach the complete log of a simple test.

Thanks for your answer Smile
  • Attachment: log.log
    (Size: 5.12KB, Downloaded 332 times)
Re: SWT Visual Editor not showing correctly [message #900365 is a reply to message #900196] Mon, 06 August 2012 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello all,

I've been trying with other distributions of eclipse and windowbuilder to no avail Sad

So far, I've tried Eclipse Juno 4.2 JDT and Classic and Eclipse Indigo JDT and Classic. In the classic edditions, I've installed Windowbuilder from scratch, and in the JDT editions I tried upgrading (after confirming the error persists).

Somebody else has this kind of problem?

Regards,
Re: SWT Visual Editor not showing correctly [message #900887 is a reply to message #900365] Wed, 08 August 2012 20:03 Go to previous message
Tried with Bodhi Linux 32 bits and Eclipse Juno 32 with openjdk 1.6, and still the same error.

Anybody has a clue?
Previous Topic:problem with SWTResourceManager import
Next Topic:how reopen a design view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:40:43 GMT 2024