Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula(started AUT but Jubula doesn't acknowledge AUT started)
AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #900043] Fri, 03 August 2012 15:33 Go to next message
Erik Gilbert is currently offline Erik GilbertFriend
created new RCP test project.

connected to AUT Agent localhost port 60000

click Start AUT

The executable defined in the AUT starts up and lauches successfully. There is quite a bit of logging information that appears in the console window of the the AUT agent.

But on Jubula, the Progress tab shows the message: Starting AUT with ID and this message just stays there like that

The Running AUTs tab remains empty.

After 2 minutes, a Usage Hint box appears :

Two minutes have elapsed since you initialized starting procedure of your RCP AUT.
Please make sure that you have followed all instructions in the User Manual, chapter 'Testing RCP AUTs.'

I click Proceed, but the 'Starting AUT with ID' message appears in the Progress tab. Even though the AUT is started, Jubula never recognizes that it has started.

no error messages appear in the log files

Any ideas?

Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #900345 is a reply to message #900043] Mon, 06 August 2012 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Have you performed all the steps that are in the user manual chapter referenced in the info dialog? You have to ensure that the RC RCP plugin is in the AUT for example. The link to the documentation is here.

HTH,
Alex
Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #903621 is a reply to message #900345] Fri, 24 August 2012 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I figured out what I did wrong. I added the jubula plug-in to my application but didn't specify the plug-in correctly in the config.ini file. Literally a mispelling. Fixed the misspelling and restarted Jubula and now the AUT starts and is recognized by Jubula.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 August 2012 15:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #903994 is a reply to message #903621] Mon, 27 August 2012 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Erik,

Thanks for the update and for posting the solution!

Best regards,
Alex
Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #921581 is a reply to message #903994] Mon, 24 September 2012 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juliane Gambke is currently offline Juliane GambkeFriend
Hi all!

I've got the same problem even though I've done all the required configuration steps. Usually I need to start the AUT six or seven times before it is recognized by Jubula if at all.

I gues that is not how it is supposed to work - has anyone any hint for me as to what the problem might be?

Regards
Jule
Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #923944 is a reply to message #921581] Wed, 26 September 2012 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure you added the Jubula plug-in correctly to your application? That was my problem.
Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #937652 is a reply to message #923944] Tue, 09 October 2012 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketan Shah is currently offline Ketan ShahFriend
Even I am trying to initialize RCP plugin after copying it to plu-in directory of my RCP. I have updated config.ini. When I start RCP application using JUBULA, it does not start Object Mapper and Recording options.

When performed same steps in demo project "Simple Mail test", it works perfectly fine.

Can anyone help me???
Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #937675 is a reply to message #923944] Tue, 09 October 2012 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Erik!

Yup, I've added everything as required. Sometimes AUT is recognized; sometimes not. I have to restart the AUT up to 8 times before it is recognized by Jubula if at all. Sometimes a restart of Jubula helps too. It doesnt't seem to be a reproducible issue.

Any ideas?

Regards
Juliane
Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #946646 is a reply to message #937675] Tue, 16 October 2012 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Juliane,

Your problem sounds like it could be timing-related. If you wait, does the application eventually get recognized? What version of Eclipse does it use? Are you specifying the workspace parameter in the AUT configuration so that the AUT can successfully start? Does the AUT need to write a lot of details to the configuration area the first time it starts? Just some thoughts...

HTH,
Alex
Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #954898 is a reply to message #946646] Tue, 23 October 2012 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexandra!

Thanks for your input. I'm using the standalone Jubula for an application I have not many information an. So I can only guess which Eclipse version it is using. Most of the eclipse-related packages bear the version number 3.6. Maybe that helps.
By now I believe the applications login splash screen is causing Jubula the trouble in recognizing it. But as I said, after restarting the aut a couple of time or restarting Jubula it'll eventually work. I guess I'll just have to cope with that behaviour.

Regards
Juliane
Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #954905 is a reply to message #954898] Tue, 23 October 2012 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Juliane,

The splash screen explains it - this thread has some details on splash / login screens.

HTH,
Alex
Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #1005085 is a reply to message #900043] Thu, 24 January 2013 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Berger is currently offline Alexander BergerFriend
Erik Gilbert wrote on Fri, 03 August 2012 11:33
created new RCP test project.

connected to AUT Agent localhost port 60000

click Start AUT

The executable defined in the AUT starts up and lauches successfully. There is quite a bit of logging information that appears in the console window of the the AUT agent.

But on Jubula, the Progress tab shows the message: Starting AUT with ID and this message just stays there like that

The Running AUTs tab remains empty.

After 2 minutes, a Usage Hint box appears :

Two minutes have elapsed since you initialized starting procedure of your RCP AUT.
Please make sure that you have followed all instructions in the User Manual, chapter 'Testing RCP AUTs.'

I click Proceed, but the 'Starting AUT with ID' message appears in the Progress tab. Even though the AUT is started, Jubula never recognizes that it has started.

no error messages appear in the log files

Hi,

I have the same Problem.

Even when I click "start AUT" toolbar button the excutable file starts up.
But the Progress tab shows the message: Starting AUT with ID and the "Running AUTs" view is empty.

After 2 minutes the same "Usage hint" box pop up.

I have unzip the "rcp-support.zip" and edit the config.

Here my config.ini file shortened:
[...]
osgi.bundles=WP2,\
  ca.odell.glazedlists,\
  ch.qos.logback.classic,\
  ch.qos.logback.core,\
  com.ibm.icu,\
  [...]
  org.eclipse.m2e.logback.appender,\
  org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86,\
  org.eclipse.ui.win32,\ 
  org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp 

Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #1005136 is a reply to message #1005085] Thu, 24 January 2013 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The first suggestions I can offer have all been covered here - is there a splash screen / does the AUT just take longer to start / are you double-triple sure you've performed all the steps correctly?

One other suggestion is the Eclipse version you're using - is it by any chance 4.2 (pure e4 without compatibility layer)?

To get more info on what's going on, you could try starting the AUT using the autrun command (documented here). That'll give you command line output of what's going on.

HTH,
Alex
Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #1005173 is a reply to message #1005136] Thu, 24 January 2013 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By starting the excutable there come at first a Log In Screen(you mean this with splash screen?)
The AUT doesen't take longer to start.

I use the Jubula Standalone.
Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #1005178 is a reply to message #1005173] Thu, 24 January 2013 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, there's the culprit Smile as mentioned in the comment above, you need to configure your AUT in Jubula to provide the details for the splash screen / login screen so that it doesn't appear. Explanation is in this thread.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #1005398 is a reply to message #900043] Fri, 25 January 2013 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for you response.

I have tried the AUT configuration with using the -data option in the AUT Arguments, without results...

When I click "start AUT" button the login screen pop up, but the the "Running AUTs" is empty.

The "Start AUT Agent" show me this Error just after the Log-In:
"AUT:Error while painting table: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1"

The RCP application was created with e4...

The file directory for the plugin:
C:\WP2\WP2\plugins

The config.ini file
[...]
osgi.bundles=WP2,\
  ca.odell.glazedlists,\
  ch.qos.logback.classic,\
  ch.qos.logback.core,\
  com.ibm.icu,\
  [...]
  org.eclipse.m2e.logback.appender,\
  org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86,\
  org.eclipse.ui.win32,\ 
  org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp 

And the AUT configuration:
index.php/fa/13083/0/

[Updated on: Mon, 28 January 2013 08:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: AUT starts but not recognized by Jubula [message #1005948 is a reply to message #1005398] Tue, 29 January 2013 11:34 Go to previous message
Hi,

Just found the relevant line in your last post: the currently released version does not support e4 applications yet. We are working on it, and there is an open ticket that documents our progress and people's interest. I imagine we'll be updating it with our latest status in the next couple of days, so you might want to add yourself to the cc list.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:The problem of AUT on AIX
Next Topic:Check Value of div in HTML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:57:08 GMT 2024