Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » IllegalStateException After Changing Target Platform
IllegalStateException After Changing Target Platform [message #899933] Fri, 03 August 2012 02:02 Go to next message
Peter Hancox is currently offline Peter HancoxFriend
This is my first attempt at plug-in development so please bare with me if I've missed something obvious. In general my Eclipse development environment appears to be fully functional as I have successfully worked through the plugin development cheat sheets.

My ultimate goal is to attempt to fix a couple of issues I'm experiencing with the Jubula testing frame work though this particular problem doesn't appear to be directly related to that.

One of the requirements for Jubula plugin development is to specify a particular Target Platform in the PDE preferences dialog. However, once I change the Target Platform here, my Hello World example from the plugin development cheat sheets fails to launch with the following stack trace. If I switch the Target Platform back to the original then I can launch the Hello World plugin successfully again.

I'm developing in Eclipse Juno but it looks as if the Jubula Target Platform might be Indigo. Could this be the problem? Or is there a generic procedure that must be followed to launch a test environment when the Target Platform changes?

!SESSION 2012-08-03 11:55:07.671 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_05
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_AU
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.platform.ide
Command-line arguments:  -product org.eclipse.platform.ide -data D:\WorkArea\Jubula\eclipse\workspace/../runtime-EclipseApplication -dev file:D:/WorkArea/Jubula/eclipse/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Eclipse Application/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator 4 0 2012-08-03 11:55:08.449
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:734)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:389)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1131)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The System Bundle was updated. The framework must be restarted to finalize the configuration change
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplier.install(ConfigApplier.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:129)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.start(Activator.java:48)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
	... 12 more
Root exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The System Bundle was updated. The framework must be restarted to finalize the configuration change
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplier.install(ConfigApplier.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:129)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.start(Activator.java:48)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:389)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1131)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-08-03 11:55:08.456
!MESSAGE Bundle org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.200.v20110502-1955 [1] is not active.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-08-03 11:55:08.470
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
Re: IllegalStateException After Changing Target Platform [message #899977 is a reply to message #899933] Fri, 03 August 2012 10:07 Go to previous message
Peter Hancox is currently offline Peter HancoxFriend
Issue resolved.

Problem was due to multiple versions of singleton plug-ins in the Jubula Target Platform definition.
Previous Topic:Fonts are bigger in product built with Juno
Next Topic:JavaCompletionProposalSorters extension does nothing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:00:59 GMT 2024