Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Add the "Create Project" button(Add the standard Eclipse create project button to RCP tool bar)
Add the "Create Project" button [message #899923] Thu, 02 August 2012 21:27 Go to next message
Yigal Spinner is currently offline Yigal SpinnerFriend
I'm creating a new RCP application and want to have the "Create project" button in the toolbar and have the NEW menu item under File menu.

I tried to simply use the NEW action and add it to the File menu (using the generated RCP application), but that does not behave as Eclipse does. The only item I have is "Other" and I do not see the projects at that level. I need to open the other wizard and select the project.

Any ideas how to add the menu and the ToolBar button for creating projects? Similar to plugin IDE.

Thanks
Yigal
Re: Add the "Create Project" button [message #900052 is a reply to message #899923] Fri, 03 August 2012 17:00 Go to previous message
John Steele is currently offline John SteeleFriend
Certain bundles contribute projects to the NewWizard, so it will depend on which projects you want to be available. Find the plugin and it's dependencies of the project that you want to be available in the NewWizard, and add them to you run configuration.
Previous Topic:open eclipse perspective in eclipse from command line
Next Topic:Access data files in a jar file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:30:43 GMT 2024