Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How To Filter custom project type from the list of CDT project types. (How To Filter custom project type from the list of CDT project types. )
How To Filter custom project type from the list of CDT project types. [message #899681] Wed, 01 August 2012 19:37 Go to next message
vishwaroop srivastava is currently offline vishwaroop srivastavaFriend
Hi,

I have created a Custom tool chain based upon MBS for custom C/C++ projects which also implements its own custom project types as executable, shared lib, archive, and makefile (Not CDT's executabl, sharedlib, archive, makefile project types). for custom C/C++ projects, I have created a separate, on project wizard page, previoulsy it was listing all the project types and tool chains, means it was listing custom c/C++ project types and tool chain and CDT's project types and tool chain. I can filter CDT's project types from this wizard page. but on other side, when I select CDT's C/C++ project wizard page, it list all the project types there. Now here i dont know to filter custom project types from here. i.e. select File -> New -> Project-> C/C++ -> C Project. It opens C Project wizrd page. which lists all the project types and tool chain, here it is listing my custom tool chain and project type also.

How can i filter my custom project types from here.

Thanks,
Vishwaroop

Re: How To Filter custom project type from the list of CDT project types. [message #989184 is a reply to message #899681] Wed, 05 December 2012 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael O\\\'Sullivan is currently offline Michael O\\\'SullivanFriend
Did you ever figure out how to do this? I want to do something similar.
Re: How To Filter custom project type from the list of CDT project types. [message #989844 is a reply to message #989184] Sat, 08 December 2012 11:14 Go to previous message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
I don't think you can filter project types on stock CDT New Project Wizard. But you can create (inherit) your own wizard which filters project types, that would be much easier.
For that, use extension point org.eclipse.ui.newWizards and subclass CDTCommonProjectWizard.

Andrew
Previous Topic:Custom build
Next Topic:Compile using pthread
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:32:53 GMT 2024