Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO/Hibernate] Can Hibernate Validation be used with CDO/Teneo?
[CDO/Hibernate] Can Hibernate Validation be used with CDO/Teneo? [message #899584] Wed, 01 August 2012 14:11 Go to next message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
Hello

I am just starting with CDO and Teneo ... doing the tutorials and going through the examples. I realy like what I am seeing so far Smile!

I have some previous experience with JPA and was comfortable with the Hibernate Validation Framework. So my question is: Can Hiberante Validation be used with CDO/Teneo? If yes, how do I get the validation annotations into my ecore/xcore model?

From the documentation I expect the answer to be "no" ... but I am hoping for a "yes", because then I could reuse our custom validation classes.

Thanks
Christoph
Re: [CDO/Hibernate] Can Hibernate Validation be used with CDO/Teneo? [message #899603 is a reply to message #899584] Wed, 01 August 2012 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Christophe,
The answer is no...

You can also check out the Texo project which generates JPA annotated code from an ecore model, it can be used in
combination with RCP's also (although CDO provides more framework features like client side memory handling and such):
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Texo
http://martintaal.wordpress.com/category/texo/

I am interested to think about generation of Hibernate validation annotations in the code also for Texo. So if it is an
interesting topic for you then let me know or give texo a try!

gr. Martin

On 08/01/2012 04:11 PM, Christoph Keimel wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am just starting with CDO and Teneo ... doing the tutorials and going through the examples. I realy like what I am
> seeing so far :)!
> I have some previous experience with JPA and was comfortable with the Hibernate Validation Framework. So my question is:
> Can Hiberante Validation be used with CDO/Teneo? If yes, how do I get the validation annotations into my ecore/xcore model?
>
> From the documentation I expect the answer to be "no" ... but I am hoping for a "yes", because then I could reuse our
> custom validation classes.
>
> Thanks
> Christoph

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [CDO/Hibernate] Can Hibernate Validation be used with CDO/Teneo? [message #899741 is a reply to message #899603] Thu, 02 August 2012 07:41 Go to previous message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
Hi Martin

thanks for the quick reply. I suspected as much.

I am thinking about using TEXO for a different Project which needs to integrate with legacy buisiness logic on a jboss server (ejb3/jpa). In this case an integration of Hibernate Validation would be very interesting. Evaluation of that will probably not start before October though.

Greetings
Christoph
Previous Topic:[CDO/Hibernate] Examples: Why Query with CDOTransaction and not CDOView?
Next Topic:EMF Validation called 4 times for each binding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:27:14 GMT 2024