Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Copy-Lines Shortcut Problem(ctrl+alt+down is not working)
Copy-Lines Shortcut Problem [message #899284] Tue, 31 July 2012 10:45 Go to next message
Maximilian Freak is currently offline Maximilian FreakFriend
Hiho,

my problem is that i can't copy lines any more in eclipse. A few days before it worked, but i have no idea why its not working anymore.

First of all i have a intel graphics chip and i switched off the hotkeys for rotating the screen in the control-center.

In the Window-Preferences of Eclipse the shortcut of Copy Lines is still "Ctrl+Alt+Down". But when i am trying to enter the same combination again, i can only enter "Ctrl+Alt" the "Down" key is not apearing. So something is blocking this combination.

When i am pressing "Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right" the screen is rotating 90°. But the "...+Down" combination has no effect.

Has somebody any idea how to solve this Problem? Is there a way too inspect all Hotkeys from Windows and change/disable them?

Hope somebody has an idea Smile

greets
maxi
Re: Copy-Lines Shortcut Problem [message #1418143 is a reply to message #899284] Sat, 06 September 2014 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Katzenberger is currently offline Michael KatzenbergerFriend
Hi !

I know that this is an old thread, but I have exactly the same problems.

The shortcut suddenly stopped working and I can not (re)assign it.

The screen rotation shortcuts were disabled completely - there is no reaction to CTRL + ALT + any arrow key !!!

(Using Eclipse Luna under Windows 8.1. Update 2)

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Michael.

Re: Copy-Lines Shortcut Problem [message #1419708 is a reply to message #1418143] Tue, 09 September 2014 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
FYI, though this may be different from your case, here is my experience.

Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down doesn't work after disabling hot-keys in Intel Graphics Control Panel. In Preferences>General>Keys>Binding field, I can press Ctrl and Alt(text shows "Ctrl+Alt+"), but pressing arrow key causes nothing. (Ctrl+Arrow or Alt+Arrow have no problems.)
So I must change the screen rotation hot-key.(e.g. Ctrl+Alt+Num0) Disabling hot-keys seems to have problem.[*]
This issue occurs on
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Driver version: 10.18.10.3907

I don't have this issue on my another PC. (disabling hot-keys is enough)
Intel(R) HD Graphics
Driver version: 9.17.10.3347

[*]side note: (examined with Eclipse 3.7.2, Intel hot-keys(default) disabled)
In Binding field of Preferences>General>Keys,
org.eclipse.jface.bindings.keys.KeySequenceText.KeyTrapListener.handleEvent(Event) is not invoked when Ctrl+Alt+Arrow has been pressed(SWT.KeyDown).(it is invoked when Ctrl+Alt+Arrow has been released(SWT.KeyUp) though) So Eclipse cannot work correctly. I'm not sure the key-down event was eaten/suppressed by Intel driver.
This is short investigation anyway.

P.S.
HD Gfx Driver 15.33.18.64.3496 not releasing ho... | Intel Communities
hotkeys problem; driver version 10.18.10.3621 | Intel Communities
Re: Copy-Lines Shortcut Problem [message #1420213 is a reply to message #1419708] Tue, 09 September 2014 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You've saved me from going crazy. Smile

After reassigning other shortcuts for screen rotation Eclipse is now receiving the CTRL + ALT + ARROW_UP shortcut.

Thanks a lot !!!!

Greetings from Germany,
Michael.
Re: Copy-Lines Shortcut Problem [message #1727777 is a reply to message #1420213] Sun, 27 March 2016 10:34 Go to previous message
Update:

Obviously the CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack (Bluetooth 4.0 driver and software) is also consuming the shortcut CTRL-ALT-arrow !

This was quite time consuming to figure out Wink

Previous Topic:Issues after updating to Mars 2 (additional folders, visual issues)
Next Topic:Eclipse: Can't recognize runtime TestNG version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:10:26 GMT 2024