Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to apply my customized uiCustom file to Model Explorer(How to apply my customized uiCustom file to Model Explorer)
How to apply my customized uiCustom file to Model Explorer [message #899045] Mon, 30 July 2012 10:54 Go to next message
MyungWoon Oh is currently offline MyungWoon OhFriend
Hi

I try to add some UI customized feature to the Model Explorer.

I made .uiCustom file in a MoDisco Project and customized it.
(At first, I tried it in EMF Facet Project, but I couldn't find 'Browser Customization' in EMF Facet Project. So I did it in MoDisco Project)

I want my customization to appear in 'Load Customizations' when I click on 'loadBrowserCustomization' of Model Explorer.

Please let me know how to do that.

In which folder do I need to put the .uiCustom?
Or in which file do I need to configure the location of .uiCustom file?
Re: How to apply my customized uiCustom file to Model Explorer [message #899055 is a reply to message #899045] Mon, 30 July 2012 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello,

Currently, the Papyrus model explorer relies on EMF Facet 0.1 customization models (http://www.eclipse.org/EmfFacet/infra/browser/custom/0.8). However, the EMF Facet uiCustom wizard disappeared in EMF Facet 0.2 (Juno).

However, the Browser Customization Editor still exists. So, the difficulty is to create an empty Brower Customization model.

Here's an empty Browser Customization XMI:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII"?>
<uicustom:MetamodelView xmi:version="2.0"
	xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	xmlns:uicustom="http://www.eclipse.org/EmfFacet/infra/browser/custom/0.8"
	metamodelURI="myMetamodelURI">
</uicustom:MetamodelView>

You have to edit the metamodelURI manually, then you'll be able to edit it with the EMF Facet Browser Customization Editor (You may need to activate the EMF Facet capability in the Eclipse preferences: General > Capabilities)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: How to apply my customized uiCustom file to Model Explorer [message #899205 is a reply to message #899055] Tue, 31 July 2012 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for quick reply. Smile

But my question is how to register my customization or where do I need to put that my new XMI(uiCustom) file, rather than how to edit the customization file.

For now I put my uiCustom file in the same folder of 'PapyrusEcoreBrowser.uiCustom' file, but it doesn't appear in the 'loadBrowserCustomization' of Papyrus Model Explorer.

Could you tell me where to put or configurate the uiCustom file?
Re: How to apply my customized uiCustom file to Model Explorer [message #899226 is a reply to message #899205] Tue, 31 July 2012 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello,

You need to use the "org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.custom.core.registration" extension point.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: How to apply my customized uiCustom file to Model Explorer [message #899308 is a reply to message #899226] Tue, 31 July 2012 12:35 Go to previous message
I got it! Very Happy

Thank you, again.

Have a nice day~ Smile
Previous Topic:Defining constraints in class diagrams
Next Topic:How to improve performance of Eclipse 4.2 / Papyrus?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:44:08 GMT 2024