Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Riena » ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException after connection was interrupted
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException after connection was interrupted [message #899004] Mon, 30 July 2012 06:39 Go to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Hello

I'm using Riena to establish client server communication.

In certain cases, for example when the client machine goes into sleep mode. I get the following exception after the client tries to communicate with the server:

I would like to notify the user that the communication has been interrupted and that he has to restart the client.
Is there a nicer exception in a newer version or should I compose a feature request. I can't catch ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException because it could be thrown from elsewhere as well.

Thanks for any help!
Flavio

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at java.util.ArrayList.remove(ArrayList.java:390) ~[na:1.6.0_33]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianDebugState.popStack(HessianDebugState.java:103) ~[na:na]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianDebugState$CallState.next(HessianDebugState.java:1540) ~[na:na]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianDebugState.next(HessianDebugState.java:93) ~[na:na]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianDebugInputStream.read(HessianDebugInputStream.java:106) ~[na:na]
at java.io.InputStream.read(InputStream.java:160) ~[na:1.6.0_33]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.Hessian2Input.readBuffer(Hessian2Input.java:2644) ~[na:na]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.Hessian2Input.read(Hessian2Input.java:2624) ~[na:na]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.Hessian2Input.startReply(Hessian2Input.java:386) ~[na:na]
at com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianProxy.invoke(HessianProxy.java:218) ~[na:na]
at $Proxy120.findById(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]

Prozessmanagement und Qualitätsmanagement Software QMS/IMS
https://www.scodi.ch
Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException after connection was interrupted [message #899006 is a reply to message #899004] Mon, 30 July 2012 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Campo is currently offline Christian CampoFriend
I never experienced that error. I am also a little confused that Hessian is using HessianDebugInputStream. Did you do anything about setting a LogLevel in Hessian. Anyway I would never expect you to catch an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException and I dont think its thrown to indicate a lost connection.

Maybe you can describe how to reproduce this error. Can please do so in a bugzilla bug report. (Bug not Enhancement) and I look into it.
Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException after connection was interrupted [message #899209 is a reply to message #899006] Tue, 31 July 2012 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Hi Christian

Thanks for your prompt reply!
I did indeed have the logging level on the server side "org.eclipse.riena.internal.communication.publisher.hessian" set to debug.
I will remove it and keep an eye on the problem.
It's a bit difficult to reproduce the exception, it happens sometimes when a connected client goes into sleep mode. After waking up the connection seems broken and such exceptions occur.
I tried to get the exception yesterday, but didn't work (having the log level set of course). I think the client needs to be in sleep mode for quite a while.
If I found out anything I will post it here.

greets Flavio

Prozessmanagement und Qualitätsmanagement Software QMS/IMS
https://www.scodi.ch
Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException after connection was interrupted [message #902816 is a reply to message #899209] Mon, 20 August 2012 15:06 Go to previous message
Christian Campo is currently offline Christian CampoFriend
Am 31.07.12 07:55, schrieb Flavio Donze:
> Hi Christian
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply!
> I did indeed have the logging level on the server side "org.eclipse.riena.internal.communication.publisher.hessian" set
> to debug.
> I will remove it and keep an eye on the problem.
> It's a bit difficult to reproduce the exception, it happens sometimes when a connected client goes into sleep mode.
> After waking up the connection seems broken and such exceptions occur.
> I tried to get the exception yesterday, but didn't work (having the log level set of course). I think the client needs
> to be in sleep mode for quite a while.
> If I found out anything I will post it here.
>
> greets Flavio
Or enter a bugzilla report....Replies on the newsgroup are easily lost....

christian
Previous Topic:Riena 5.0 and JDK
Next Topic:Riena + Declarative Services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:50:28 GMT 2024