Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Generate UML Diagram from ecore/ecorediag
Generate UML Diagram from ecore/ecorediag [message #898709] Fri, 27 July 2012 09:42 Go to next message
John M. is currently offline John M.Friend
Hello,

I am using the daily build version of Papyrus. Is there any possibility to generate an UML diagramm from ecore/ecorediag file?
Re: Generate UML Diagram from ecore/ecorediag [message #902759 is a reply to message #898709] Mon, 20 August 2012 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Bardiau is currently offline Alexandra BardiauFriend
Hi,

You can have a look at this old tutorial on creating Papyrus diagrams:

dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/trunk/examples/others/org.eclipse.papyrus.example.diagram.simplediagram/docs/PapyrusDevelopperTutorial_OnDiagramCreating.odt

I'm trying to use this as well, however I'm getting an error on the last step, so I haven't quite figured out how to complete the tutorial... But I think it's a good place to start.

There are a couple more places where you could find some useful information, however the docs are usually incomplete and/or outdated...

wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus_User_Guide

dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/trunk/doc/DevelopperDocuments/cookbook/PapyrusCookBook.odt

If you figure out how to solve your problem, please post a solution (or an idea), I'd appreciate the help.

Good luck!

Regards,

Alexandra Bardiau

[Updated on: Mon, 20 August 2012 10:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Generate UML Diagram from ecore/ecorediag [message #902775 is a reply to message #902759] Mon, 20 August 2012 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Bardiau is currently offline Alexandra BardiauFriend
If you'll be using the tutorial, you'd want to check out this forum post as well, it seems to solve the issue I had on the last step:

www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/902774/#msg_902774

Regards,

Alexandra Bardiau

[Updated on: Mon, 20 August 2012 11:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Generate UML Diagram from ecore/ecorediag [message #902809 is a reply to message #902775] Mon, 20 August 2012 14:51 Go to previous message
John M. is currently offline John M.Friend
Thanks for the links, but it seems that there is a bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=317156
Previous Topic:Stereotype generalisation producing exceptions
Next Topic:Patterns to catch Papyrus UI contributions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:44:31 GMT 2024