Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Can I have some dog food please?(Eclipse project of the requirements for ProR itself?)
Can I have some dog food please? [message #898566] Thu, 26 July 2012 15:41 Go to next message
Tim Clark is currently offline Tim ClarkFriend
Hello.

There is a reference to the fact that ProR is used to specify the requirements for ProR itself.
Can you please make the eclipse project of this available? I really need a real example to get me started on a dauntingly complex real application for this tool, which is at the frustrating pseudo-verbal-mess stage of describing its requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can I have some dog food please? [message #898596 is a reply to message #898566] Thu, 26 July 2012 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Tim,

Well, what we have you can find here:

http://git.eclipse.org/c/rmf/org.eclipse.rmf.git/tree/dump/reqif?h=develop

... but from what you say, I doubt that it matches the complexity of what you're talking about. If we can help, let me know.

Good luck,

- Michael

PS: Two features that may be of use to you are in the works: (1) Excel importer and (2) Rich Text support.
Re: Can I have some dog food please? [message #898753 is a reply to message #898596] Fri, 27 July 2012 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Clark is currently offline Tim ClarkFriend
Thanks Michael.

Does the idea of 'presentation' encompass the possibility that a particular piece of information (an 'attribute'?) may be rendered in arbitrary ways?
I'm thinking other documents, pictures, videos, ...
Re: Can I have some dog food please? [message #898758 is a reply to message #898753] Fri, 27 July 2012 13:06 Go to previous message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Tim,

Quote:
Does the idea of 'presentation' encompass the possibility that a particular piece of information (an 'attribute'?) may be rendered in arbitrary ways?

Yes, that is exactly the idea. To see a possible application, check out this blog post:

http://www.formalmind.com/en/blog/integrating-requirements-and-models

Quote:
I'm thinking other documents, pictures, videos, ...

Actually, you don't even need presentations for this, as rich content is covered by the ReqIF specification. We're currently working on supporting rich text, and we'll support embedded objects eventually as well.

Best,

- Michael
Previous Topic:Importing ReqIf file into ProR
Next Topic:More detail please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:23:52 GMT 2024