Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » particular question
particular question [message #898378] Thu, 26 July 2012 09:51
Dario Luzi is currently offline Dario LuziFriend
Hi there guys... first of all thank you in advance for your answer

I have a particular question for you guys here... i`m posting here cause i can`t wrap my head around the specific place where i should post this so if you would be so kind to point me later in the right direction your are welcome.

My question is: how is eclipse actually started... and i don`t mean how do you start it (left click on the icon) but how does it really works and let me explain better.

I`m working on my final project at the university and they asked me to rethink how an existing application is structured... at the moment the application is based on OSGI and it starts as a normal java application which then loads all de bundles it needs in OSGI using facilityes from a specific class.

Now the ideal thing would be actually to get out of the application the idea of a class which interacts with osgi to load the bundles after the application is already running and have instead an external loader which would take care of setting up all the needed bundles and then launching the application intself.

After all this blablabla i was thinking that eclipse itself may be structured in a similar way so i came to ask here to you guys to give me a better insight of this or ,in the case that eclipse doesn`t have anything to do with this, just give your ideas.

Thank you again bye.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 July 2012 09:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Copying A Project in Eclipse and CVS
Next Topic:BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:18:55 GMT 2024